• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Green Flight Department?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am sure this will not be popular here, but my Department is going green. I have been assigned the project to make sure we are doing everything we can to be as green as possible.

Is anyone else doing this? If so, what are you doing? We already recycle paper, cans and bottles. That is about it. Is anyone purchasing carbon off-sets (about $50 a flight hour for a large Falcon or Gulfstream)? Has anyone done a Life Cycle Analysis on their aircraft?

Any useful information will be appreciated. Most large corporations are moving in this direction. Aircraft based in Europe will now have to purchase carbon off-sets. The US can't be far behind.

I'll sell you carbon credits for $45 a flight hour :)

10 years from now people will look back at the whole "Global Warming / CO2" debate and disavow all knowledge.

jet - Is this just a feeling you have or have you done some actual research to back up your position? Personally, I’m not sure, but I have yet to read a published book that convinces me or scientifically disproves the theory of global warming. It’s hard for me to believe that 6 billion people on fast track to 9 billion and the associated industries necessary to move, feed and clothe us are not having an impact. Of course we could just dismiss global warming and buy you a beer in 10 years and tell you that you were right…

Carbon Offsets/Credits? Pure genius I say. Probably a bunch of bankers who can no longer package mortgages into securities and needed something to do. Wish I could get in on that action.

What is a carbon offset? Who gets this money? I have heard of this before, but never really knew what it was.

What is a carbon offset? Who gets this money? I have heard of this before, but never really knew what it was.

As I understand it you purchase energy that was made through green sources (wind or solar power for example) in an amount that offsets the amount of carbon you produced. Is it a scam? I don't know, but there are a lot of big corporations doing it, and somebody is making money from it.

Latest resources

Back