• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Great Story from TSA Lounge

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Had a HoJet guy a few weeks ago try and jumpseat on us from GSO to ORD. I talked to the captain and he didn't care who the guy flew for he would let him on ("we're all pilots"... yeah right). Hey, it's not my decision, but as the fates would have it the HoJet guy couldn't make it on anyway due to no CASS.

The only flight that left after us was TransStates. I thought that was funny.
Had 2 GJ pilots jumpseat on my flight in the same day. Both were professional and would be welcome anytime. Had a Transtates captain jumpseat 2 days later and during the flight he proceeded to educate my copilot and I on the state of the industry and GJ of course. At the end of the flight I told him I would pass on to our HR the state of his mind. Imagine, my pension, many of my colleagues only now coming back from furlough or still out there on furlough, a heck of a lot of our flying farmed out to regional carriers, etc., and this guy has it all figured out. Foxcow, lavservice, amish, wsurf, etc. your names speak volumes. Rumor has it your Transtates MEC chairman has jumped ship. God help that airline.

I'm sure a lot of the industry scabs from the 80s were polite jumpseaters too. That doesn't excuse them taking food out of someone else's mouth.

Those same two G0jet jumpseaters knowingly took a job that would harm another pilot. Those regional pilots worked for companies that hurt your company and it was out of the hands of the pilot group. Big difference IMO.

Last edited:
Foxcow, lavservice, amish, wsurf, etc. your names speak volumes. Rumor has it your Transtates MEC chairman has jumped ship. God help that airline.

Yeah "Iron Man," your names speaks volumes too. :rolleyes:

...and PLEASE don't associate me with TSA or GoJet as I am employed by neither - currently or in the past.

Posted by Iron Man:Had 2 GJ pilots jumpseat on my flight in the same day. Both were professional and would be welcome anytime. Had a Transtates captain jumpseat 2 days later and during the flight he proceeded to educate my copilot and I on the state of the industry and GJ of course. At the end of the flight I told him I would pass on to our HR the state of his mind. Imagine, my pension, many of my colleagues only now coming back from furlough or still out there on furlough, a heck of a lot of our flying farmed out to regional carriers, etc., and this guy has it all figured out. Foxcow, lavservice, amish, wsurf, etc. your names speak volumes. Rumor has it your Transtates MEC chairman has jumped ship. God help that airline.
Well Iron Man (the professionalism of your name is impressive....asswipe) why don't you educate us then. We're waiting.......tell us how to fix this industry.....

Those same two G0jet jumpseaters knowingly took a job that would harm another pilot. Those regional pilots worked for companies that hurt your company and it was out of the hands of the pilot group. Big difference IMO.

And those of us flying for the regionals did not? Wise up, the regionals directly impact the pay/workrules at the majors with whom they codeshare. If not for the proliferation of the RJ at sweatshop rates many more of us would have better jobs! For that matter any pilot at a regional which gets a RFP from the incumbent does the same. Never ceases to amaze me how us regional pilots are quick to slam everyone else but refuse to look in the mirror.

why don't you educate us then. We're waiting.......tell us how to fix this industry.....

Here is a quick lesson, the industry isn't even broken to begin with. Just unrealistic expectations is what is causing all these shattered dreams. Know what your in for and it's still a great career.

Latest resources

Back