• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Foxcow

screwed
From a fellow waterskier. Pass it on!

"I was trying to get back to St. Louis the other day, and all the flights were oversold. When I checked in at the gate I found that there was a Shuttle America guy signed up before me, its okay because there were two jumpseats. After I signed up I was waiting around the gate area and this guy comes walking up to me and starts talking. He is in jeans and toting a flight kit on his suitcase, so I cleverly deduce that he could be a pilot. But I didn't see an ID or even a Flightsafety tag on his bag. He was incognito.

He begins by commenting how bad the loads are today, he has already missed the two previous flights. Shortly into the conversation I ask him who he flys for. He pauses, his eyes drop to the floor, and he quietly says "HoJet". What a surprise! (sarcasm here) I just say, "Oh". I spend the next couple minutes letting him know that I think he is a piece of crap, as nice as I canwithout getting in trouble because I'm in uniform in the gate area.

After a few minutes he informs me that he is on a pass and since I am just a jumpseater, he will make it on the flight before me. I leave to go find the other pilot signed up for the jumpseat. I find him and we start talking about the weasel in our midst, and the Shuttle guy says that they had a similar conversation. Their conversation ended much the same with the HoJet guy saying he would probably make it on first.

Well as boarding starts to wind down, the agent begins calling standby passengers to the gate. Once this begins, since we were the only jumpseaters, we go down the jetbridge. As I hand my jumpseat form to the agent, I look and see the HoJet guy looking my way with a look of dismay, wondering why I'm going down and he's not. I give him a sh*t eating grin, a wave, and down I go.
wave.gif

The HoJet guy never made it on the flight. There were only two flights left that day and since he was in jeans, I don't see him getting into the cockpit on either one.

It is just proof that every so often, those whores actually get what they deserve. If any HoJet management people are reading this, if you had an FO call in sick Monday morning and he lives in Florida, he wasn't really sick, he's just stupid. Fire him."

Apparently the scum did what most of them do. Pooped his pants, then called his chief pilot and cried like a baby. He was consolled of course when his CP told him that he would try to get everyone involved fired.

Had a HoJet guy a few weeks ago try and jumpseat on us from GSO to ORD. I talked to the captain and he didn't care who the guy flew for he would let him on ("we're all pilots"... yeah right). Hey, it's not my decision, but as the fates would have it the HoJet guy couldn't make it on anyway due to no CASS.

The only flight that left after us was TransStates. I thought that was funny.

Foxcow, this really is a good story.....I can tell there is no flamebait involved here and that you really did let this $hit muffin know how you feel about his career decision and his entire operation, yet you still handled yourself professionally. I am giving you the golf clap from in fron of my laptop. Nicely done.

I would love to claim the story as my own but I got it from the company board. From a fellow Waterskier as said before :D

I would love to claim the story as my own but I got it from the company board. From a fellow Waterskier as said before :D

well in tht case tell your fellow waterskiers job well done!!!!

What's attrition like at GoJet anyhow... Are there folks leaving primarily due to the stigma and ostracization they seem to encounter?

Latest resources

Back