Great Plains

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

holdon

does anyone know anything about Great Plains Airlines? Pay, Work rules, number of pilots, type of A/C , interview process ect.

thanks

They are real small! I think they have 2 328 jets and now 1 328 prop I a saw yesterday in BNA. Not sure about pay and stuff. I think I heard a rumor one time that they don’t get paid or don’t get paid much of anything.

PC

Do a search. They have been discussed here before. A couple of years ago they were paying $20 per hour. Everybody was based in Tulsa. The operation is a little shaky, so be careful.

GP has 2 328jets online, with 2 328props scheduled to begin revenue service Nov 3. We have 1 additional prop as a spare/charter aircraft with 4 more props rumored (Tulsa World newspaper) to possibly be coming soon. Right now we have approx 26 line pilots plus a few in training and/or management. I think we also started a class of 10 yesterday. We've been interviewing for pilots. See www.gpair.com for more info.

I don't have factual info on what pay rates are for newhires right now (there's no union and/or contract so they're subject to change; we have at least 3 sets of pay rates right now), or the interview process. 1st year FO pay was (is?) $22/hr with 75 guarantee thru IOE, then $25/hr. $25 per diem only for RONs. Medical, dental, life, 401k (no match). In the recent past it has been a panel interview with situational questions, no sim or written testing. Relaxed atmosphere.

All pilots currently based in TUL. Day trips on the jet w/ some overnites I guess in the prop. All that will continue to change as we grow, so don't plan on anything in particular.

there he is! was wondering where Swaayze was hiding out. GP covered up the swallows on the tail right?

Yeah, been workin' my big hiney off this month.

Swallows? Uh, sorry I'm a little slow to get that one...they did get buffalo portraits on the tails!

Swaayze check your p.ms man...

Latest resources

Back