Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Great News!! Flight Options Has Been Bought!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Equal opportunity

NJW
Please let me know where I said they could not be profitable. I believe what I said was that when the increased costs were passed along as increased aircraft management costs, it might have a negative impact. Netjets relies on a number of areas to be profitable, not the least of which is aircraft sales. They are impacted not only be sales but by the residual value predictions, management fees, all of which translate to hourly costs. Netjets has been prospering and there are a number of things that contribute to that, reducing the drain of Netjets Europe as example.
My point is Flight Options is not in the same situation, however, in both of them one needs to have a business plan that works, operate in an economic environment that enables them to succeed, and execute the plan. Obviously employees come into that execution and all companies want happy employees.. What I repeatedly have said, if you do not get the first part, there will be no second part. One last point, we will not find out how these contracts really effect the companies unless there is a downturn in the business. Then we will see.

Good post, well thought out.

I hope that if and when the time for a down turn in the economy comes and the company comes to the union looking for concessions, that we will only come to an agreement when management agrees to give up the same percentages that is asked from the employees. Seeing management prosper while asking rank and file to endure huge pay cuts is criminal. I don't know who to place blame on when this has happened in the industry, management or the Union leadership that agreed to it.

This Ed guy (self proclaimed Maytag-man) used to have so much time on his hands as a PM that he would send out daily trivia to all the mid-cabin pilots' blackberries. I think it was one of his last desperate attempts to make friends when he saw that he was in hot water. He finally stopped when he realized the responses he was getting were really guys making fun of him.

It's no doubt this guys name is showing up on these boards- was bound to happen. You reading this Ed? Maybe you should have thought twice before screwing all those pilots over, huh? What goes around comes around. Good luck at your next job (if that rumor is true). What a retard.

...I hope that if and when the time for a down turn in the economy comes ...management agrees to give up the same percentages... . Seeing management prosper while asking rank and file to endure huge pay cuts is criminal. ....

Silver, those are my thoughts, too. I believe that the NJ pilots would do their part willingly if a true need existed and management made the same concessions. That said, I'm pleased for all involved that the company is prospering and the labor-management relationship has greatly improved, as well. To those NJ pilots still skeptical I say look how far you've come in just two years. Efforts have been made by both sides and I wish to give credit where credit is due. I'm proud of the Union pilots my husband flies with, and of the company he works for.
Sincerely,
Netjetwife

This Ed guy (self proclaimed Maytag-man) used to have so much time on his hands as a PM that he would send out daily trivia to all the mid-cabin pilots' blackberries. I think it was one of his last desperate attempts to make friends when he saw that he was in hot water. He finally stopped when he realized the responses he was getting were really guys making fun of him.

It's no doubt this guys name is showing up on these boards- was bound to happen. You reading this Ed? Maybe you should have thought twice before screwing all those pilots over, huh? What goes around comes around. Good luck at your next job (if that rumor is true). What a retard.

I left about a little over a year ago. Remember that daily wx report from that kid which was sent to all the BB's every morning? "There's an occluded front stretching from orf to ict.":rolleyes:

Equal Pain

Silver, those are my thoughts, too. I believe that the NJ pilots would do their part willingly if a true need existed and management made the same concessions. That said, I'm pleased for all involved that the company is prospering and the labor-management relationship has greatly improved, as well. To those NJ pilots still skeptical I say look how far you've come in just two years. Efforts have been made by both sides and I wish to give credit where credit is due. I'm proud of the Union pilots my husband flies with, and of the company he works for.
Sincerely,
Netjetwife

We all know that the economy goes through some cyclical ups and downs and that the company will have to make adjustments to stay viable. Taking a obstanent inflexible position would be unreasonable and I think most of us would be willing to do what's necessary. That said, It is unreasonable for management to ask other employees to take the necessary cuts if they are not willing to take the same cuts. I for one would never support a concession that was not matched by management.

NJW you are right about a different attitude at NJ, on both sides of the table. Management finally broke the code and now understands that the company will not prosper without enthusiastic support from their largest employee group with the most impact on their final product. I think it fair to say that most of us have pride for our work already programed in. When you add to that appreciation of that work by the company and management it instills a roll your sleeves up get the job done environment. NJ management has truly gone the extra mile to show that appreciation and now has a enthusiastic partner group in making the company prosper.

Options management suffers form the same misguided arrogance that NJ management did for years. It took a directive from Buffet to NJ management to end that arrogance, to settle things with the pilots, and the get the company back on track. I hope that it doesn't take years for HIG to come to the realization that Buffet came to. If they do Options my not survive.

Equal Pain

Sincerely,
Netjetwife

We all know that the economy goes through some cyclical ups and downs and that the company will have to make adjustments to stay viable. Taking a obstanent inflexible position would be unreasonable and I think most of us would be willing to do what's necessary. That said, It is unreasonable for management to ask other employees to take the necessary cuts if they are not willing to take the same cuts. I for one would never support a concession that was not matched by management.

NJW you are right about a different attitude at NJ, on both sides of the table. Management finally broke the code and now understands that the company will not prosper without enthusiastic support from their largest employee group with the most impact on their final product. I think it fair to say that most of us have pride for our work already programed in. When you add to that appreciation of that work by the company and management it instills a roll your sleeves up get the job done environment. NJ management has truly gone the extra mile to show that appreciation and now has a enthusiastic partner group in making the company prosper.

Options management suffers form the same misguided arrogance that NJ management did for years. It took a directive from Buffet to NJ management to end that arrogance, to settle things with the pilots, and the get the company back on track. I hope that it doesn't take years for HIG to come to the realization that Buffet came to. If they do Options may not survive.

I'm proud of the Union pilots my husband flies with, and of the company he works for.
Sincerely,
Netjetwife

Did you have the same pride of the American Airlines union that helped to get him furloughed from there? And if the same thing was to happen at NJ (who thought it would ever happen at AA, right?) Would you hold the same opinion?

Silver, it's nice to read a post recognizing that the union-company relationship has, indeed, improved. I never doubted that the pilotgroup would take notice when the new spirit of cooperation was spreading and turning green....;) It's been growing for two years and the fruits are ready for harvesting...:) I encourage the NJ pilots to grab their IBB baskets (ballots) and join in.

In all seriousness, I'm glad the NJ pilots have this well-deserved opportunity and I think the timing may help the Options pilots in their fight for industry standard wages. At the bargaining table they can point out that their peers are getting another raise while Options pilots are expected to perform the same duties for less money. The Ops pilots have a just cause and denying that will expose how arrogant management is there. Hopefully, HIG would rather start things off in a more positive light.

B19, my husband was laid off, as many other pilots were across the industry, after 9-11. The union wasn't to blame for that....:rolleyes: At the time he warned me that AA's management was taking advantage of the situation to move more flying to the regionals where the pilots were paid much less. Watching managers scramble to protect their own nest eggs while loudly calling for the Union to make big concessions convinced me that my husband was right. (I have personal experience with what Silver and I have been posting). I fully supported his decision to turn down the Eagle job with its pathetic wages, but I did welcome the AA stock options the Union got from management for the furloughed pilots. To answer your question: the Union acted honorably but management clearly did not. I'm proud to say that the Union fought for the pilots at the bottom of the seniority list while management exhibited arrogance and deceit.

You ask: if the same thing was to happen at NJ would I hold the same opinion? If both sides acted the same way as my previous experience, yes, my opinion would be the same again. That said, if the spirit of cooperation at NJA holds/continues to strengthen then I would fully expect to see the pilots and management work together for fair solutions, just as they have recently been doing. NJW

B19, my husband was laid off, as many other pilots were across the industry, after 9-11. The union wasn't to blame for that....:rolleyes: At the time he warned me that AA's management was taking advantage of the situation to move more flying to the regionals where the pilots were paid much less. Watching managers scramble to protect their own nest eggs while loudly calling for the Union to make big concessions convinced me that my husband was right. (I have personal experience with what Silver and I have been posting). I fully supported his decision to turn down the Eagle job with its pathetic wages, but I did welcome the AA stock options the Union got from management for the furloughed pilots. To answer your question: the Union acted honorably but management clearly did not. I'm proud to say that the Union fought for the pilots at the bottom of the seniority list while management exhibited arrogance and deceit.

You ask: if the same thing was to happen at NJ would I hold the same opinion? If both sides acted the same way as my previous experience, yes, my opinion would be the same again. That said, if the spirit of cooperation at NJA holds/continues to strengthen then I would fully expect to see the pilots and management work together for fair solutions, just as they have recently been doing. NJW

For one so knowledgable, you seem to forget that the downturn began long before 9/11. I guess the management arrogance and deciept must have been a wide-spread virus that spread itself throughout the entire industry. After all, who could ever believe a union contact would cripple an air carrier. ;)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back