Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Great News!! Flight Options Has Been Bought!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Scab

Yeah,

the guy just admited to being willing to cross a picket line.

I would sooner admit to tapping my toe in a bathroom stall in MSP before that!

Like I said, at least he's honest about how he feels.

Dude he's a SCAB, what do you expect him to say????:rolleyes:

is SPECIAL ED still there starting engines with the "plugs still in"? Last I heard he is going to be a check airman.

Glad I got out when I did!

Last edited:
Starting the engine with the plug in is one thing, EVERYONE makes mistakes. Not writing it up and getting it inspected after the fact, and sending the plane out and letting it fly for like 4-6 days with passengers without an inspection is another altogether. SPECIAL ED AND the mx personell involved in this one should fry, but won't unless WASH DC decides to get involved. As far as FLOPS mgmt, he is their hero.

Starting the engine with the plug in is one thing, EVERYONE makes mistakes. Not writing it up and getting it inspected after the fact, and sending the plane out and letting it fly for like 4-6 days with passengers without an inspection is another altogether. SPECIAL ED AND the mx personell involved in this one should fry, but won't unless WASH DC decides to get involved. As far as FLOPS mgmt, he is their hero.

Of course we all make mistakes, not many of us are downgraded to check airman from PSM as a result. Is the FAA in the loop on this? Should the TSA be involved? IMHO the PIC/Check Airman/Special ED/ should be placed on admin leave without pay like our fellow brother and sisters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have heard that all concern will be in front of the FAA/NTSB in short order!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I was told that the event, and then the subsequent lack of appropriate action was reported to the FAA hotline, where there is an investigator looking at just FLOPs alone. Being that I was just told that, I can't say it for sure, but I believe it.

Only time will tell, but yes the specific densities of talent and integrity seem to be in polar reversal at FLOPs, the cream does NOT rise to the top, but rather is kept at the bottom, while the ******************** rides high. I guess it is kind of like a waste water treatment plant, eh?

I was told that the event, and then the subsequent lack of appropriate action was reported to the FAA hotline, where there is an investigator looking at just FLOPs alone. Being that I was just told that, I can't say it for sure, but I believe it.

Only time will tell, but yes the specific densities of talent and integrity seem to be in polar reversal at FLOPs, the cream does NOT rise to the top, but rather is kept at the bottom, while the ******************** rides high. I guess it is kind of like a waste water treatment plant, eh?

Tip of the iceberg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Failure to report a known MX issue is a big deal!!! Thank God I am no longer here.

Last edited:
Newby First Officer with Ed or what???

If the poor guy got pressured into flying that airplane with Ed after the fact, all I can say is that there are more important things than keeping one's job.

I just have to hope that Ed passed the airplane on to another crew, and his First Officer knew nothing about it not being written up.

Flight Options Management does eat their own. If it means saving their own butt, they will gladly sacrifice Ed in the process. Or just do like they did the last time they got in hot water with the Feds.

To quote B19 (Bob), they shifted the chairs on the deck of the Titanic, and moved the then Chief Pilot to a PSM position, and moved a former PM into the position he use to hold, Chief Pilot.

Without a Contract soon to restrain that out of control Management, I just hold my breath each day hoping I don't read about one of my friends biting it due to management's GREED.

Freedom is not Free

Why don't you just own up, you did!

I would have in a heartbeat if I felt that crossing the line would have helped to keep the carrier afloat and to feed my family like the CAL guys did.

BTW, when was the last time there was an opportunity to cross a picket line? Use a little common sense here.

I would have in a heartbeat if I felt that crossing the line would have helped to keep the carrier afloat and to feed my family like the CAL guys did.

BTW, when was the last time there was an opportunity to cross a picket line? Use a little common sense here.

B19 why is ED still here? Suck a cover and lie to the company about it, tell me how that works.

NJW
Please let me know where I said they could not be profitable. I believe what I said was that when the increased costs were passed along as increased aircraft management costs, it might have a negative impact. Netjets relies on a number of areas to be profitable, not the least of which is aircraft sales. They are impacted not only be sales but by the residual value predictions, management fees, all of which translate to hourly costs. Netjets has been prospering and there are a number of things that contribute to that, reducing the drain of Netjets Europe as example.
My point is Flight Options is not in the same situation, however, in both of them one needs to have a business plan that works, operate in an economic environment that enables them to succeed, and execute the plan. Obviously employees come into that execution and all companies want happy employees.. What I repeatedly have said, if you do not get the first part, there will be no second part. One last point, we will not find out how these contracts really effect the companies unless there is a downturn in the business. Then we will see.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back