• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Great Lakes training contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm not trying to chase Guppy around the boards to flame him but he is everywhere I look!

A lot of guys at CHQ (my friends) are staying on the 145/140/135 because they do not agree with the principle of bidding Captain to fly a jet for free. Others have bid out to get away from the 145 program out of sheer boredom.

Point being, although it appears you are *NOT* in the 170 (or even at CHQ), Guppy, there are a lot of people staying in the 145 on principle, no matter how limited that principle may be. They are certainly showing more class than you are with your naiive proselytizing. You, assuming you are a newhire 170 pilot, will never see Captain at United (unless you are the CP's son). The pipleline is shutdown for the immediate future old boy and the 170/190 is certainly a contributor... You will be standing in line behind guys who have a 6000-10000 hour head start on you in turbines, be they SAABs, J-Balls, or 145s.

E170Guppykiller said:
Those two at FedEx are by far the exception. The fact remains that your chance of getting on with a major is greatly enhanced by flying an RJ. And the bigger the RJ the better. So those of us with 170 (soon to be 190) time will be at the majors sooner than those with just ERJ or CRJ time.
Guppiejizzlicker,
Those that have the PIC will have a chance, you on the other hand will not fare so well, since no CAPT. will let you touch the controls, that makes you a gear bitch, and will not have any chance at any job at all.
So just go back to jizzlapping and be quiet!
PBR

With all the lakers leaving as of late, what is the current word on the training contracts?

Heard one lawyer representing 5 pilots lost a court fight in WY, currently on appeal. Any updates?

If anyone has some info on Lakes, I'd appreciate it. Looking to go from a desk job to a regional (Looks like Lakes is the only one who will return my calls). Training contract aside, how do you live of $13,500 a year? I understand the whole 6 pilots to an apartment deal, but how does something like that get worked out? Does one guy put his name on the lease and everybody pays him, or what? It looks like more than one person has survived this experience so I am not concerned about that, but taking a $40k paycut will take some getting used to. Thanks

All you gotta do is pick up some extra time and then you will never be home. No more rent. It will save you a bundle. Plus if you take bagels from the hotel breakfast you won't have to buy food! Do all this and you will be able to pay your health care premiums of $128 a month.
I guess you need a 24 hour break once a week so you could do what most of us do and live in a van down by the river.

Varies wildly. Usually it's either get a line your first month, or spend 6-8 months on reserve. Fairly short these days. Oh, and live your parents. Serioulsy.

E170Guppykiller said:
Those two at FedEx are by far the exception. The fact remains that your chance of getting on with a major is greatly enhanced by flying an RJ. And the bigger the RJ the better. So those of us with 170 (soon to be 190) time will be at the majors sooner than those with just ERJ or CRJ time.

A$$clown!

Gla

Van down by the river.........does it have heat? Need a roomie???? I have a nice Coleman tent/timeshare if you want a cheap vacation........

Latest resources

Back