• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Great Lakes training contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Here is why people still go there. Because you can upgrade quick, get 2 types, and probably be a check airmen in just a couple of years. I don't care what anybody says about RJ's, you can easily get hired at a LCC or major with two types, or a 1900 type and a check airmen certificate, with just turboprop PIC! As a matter of fact, I do believe in about 30 years the #1 and #2 pilots at Fedex will both be ex-lakers (I"m almost possitive the #1 will be an ex laker, and I believe C.C. will be #2, or in the top 5). Im also all but positive that in 30 years the #1 Airtran pilot will be an ex-laker. People can get hired at Lakes extremely young, and move up extremely quick. Thus, getting to a major or LCC at a very young age! The low pay more than makes up for itself if you get on at a major or LCC 3 years earlier than your RJ buddy. People at Lakes know this, and that's why they go!! Plus, you will never fly with a better pilot group, or go to a better Halloween party than what a Laker can throw!!!!!

GReat LAkes

Does GL have bases other than Denver? Whats the policy on commuting, or would even be possible? I dont know how their scheduling works, so I'm asking. Thanks

I left last june, the company has yet to come after me. However I was furloughed, but still legally bound to the contract.

T

gt1900 said:
Here is why people still go there. Because you can upgrade quick, get 2 types, and probably be a check airmen in just a couple of years. I don't care what anybody says about RJ's, you can easily get hired at a LCC or major with two types, or a 1900 type and a check airmen certificate, with just turboprop PIC! As a matter of fact, I do believe in about 30 years the #1 and #2 pilots at Fedex will both be ex-lakers (I"m almost possitive the #1 will be an ex laker, and I believe C.C. will be #2, or in the top 5). Im also all but positive that in 30 years the #1 Airtran pilot will be an ex-laker. People can get hired at Lakes extremely young, and move up extremely quick. Thus, getting to a major or LCC at a very young age! The low pay more than makes up for itself if you get on at a major or LCC 3 years earlier than your RJ buddy. People at Lakes know this, and that's why they go!! Plus, you will never fly with a better pilot group, or go to a better Halloween party than what a Laker can throw!!!!!

Those two at FedEx are by far the exception. The fact remains that your chance of getting on with a major is greatly enhanced by flying an RJ. And the bigger the RJ the better. So those of us with 170 (soon to be 190) time will be at the majors sooner than those with just ERJ or CRJ time.

No you won't douchebag.

E170.......Do your research before you make yourself look even more stupid...Maybe check to see exactly how many lakers or other 1900 drivers have made it to a good company in the last year....you would be surpirsed...

tattoo13 said:
E170.......Do your research before you make yourself look even more stupid...Maybe check to see exactly how many lakers or other 1900 drivers have made it to a good company in the last year....you would be surpirsed...

Why is everybody responding to him/her/it?

Gl

Dear Spicoli,

dream on homo. I'm sure you were selected by NASA to fly the 70 out of the one million other CFI's out there trying to get the same job. Just cause you are in a 170 doesn't make you the best by far.

You are the douche that thinks you are soooo cool, gets all the azz, and takes out loans for the new cars, houses, etc. So proud; soo sure. Homecoming king type. That 170 is your ticket to the golden life that all of us owe you. hehe.

Guess what high speed? Just cause you kept the seat warm in a 170, doesn't mean you can fly, much less reason, or learn, or do anything for shizzle!!!!!!! Pilots get hired by legacy carriers for a few common reasons: You can make solid descisions and are stable and can be trained. 170, C172, CE-550, BE-1900, EMB-120. It doesn't matter.

You are the same fag that walks into the lounge trying without hope to get laid wearing your "pilot outfit" and talking how badass you are.

I'm not the best, never will be. I spent 12 years serving with the best in the military in USASOC. Losers boast about exploits. True Pro's embellish them when they are old and dying. Get a clue. BE a pro. Quit boasting about what you might be; BE A PROFESIONAL and do your job and boast about how badazz you are when you retire and need a free beer.

You don't impress anyone with your 170 experience!!!!!!!!!!

E170Guppykiller said:
Those two at FedEx are by far the exception. The fact remains that your chance of getting on with a major is greatly enhanced by flying an RJ. And the bigger the RJ the better. So those of us with 170 (soon to be 190) time will be at the majors sooner than those with just ERJ or CRJ time.

You are an idiot. Guys with 145 time have *THOUSANDS* of hours. You bitches in the 170/190 are going to be standing in line behind dudes with 6,000+ hours of 145-series time.

Get a grip ace!

Latest resources

Back