• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Great Lakes Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Crossky...Um...I didn't think I had to qualify that you needed 2 or 3 thousand hours before you become competitive. I just thought most people already knew that! Hell, I hear that at SWA 2000 hrs PIC is what you must have to even get an interview!! Most RJ guys who don't have a check airman certificate can't even "count on it". I didn't have one when I left lakes, so I know for a fact you don't need one. Nore did I have a silver bullet or know anybody on the inside. I was just some schmuck just like everybody else. So, in my opinion, you can still count on the fact that you will be able to go to a major or LCC straight out of Lakes, and get there much faster than from most any other regional!!

gt1900 said:
Crossky...Um...I didn't think I had to qualify that you needed 2 or 3 thousand hours before you become competitive. I just thought most people already knew that! Hell, I hear that at SWA 2000 hrs PIC is what you must have to even get an interview!! Most RJ guys who don't have a check airman certificate can't even "count on it". I didn't have one when I left lakes, so I know for a fact you don't need one. Nore did I have a silver bullet or know anybody on the inside. I was just some schmuck just like everybody else. So, in my opinion, you can still count on the fact that you will be able to go to a major or LCC straight out of Lakes, and get there much faster than from most any other regional!!

Congrats, that's great that you made the jump, I'm happy for you (serially). I knew ex-lakers at Vanguard but hadn't asked anyone for help yet. I'm done dude. You said 'not to start a pissing match' but you have, and I quit. I've spent enough brain cells and bandwidth debating this with you bud.

BTW where are you at now. Write me a rec letter? ;} JK, Check your PM's. Peace.

Latest resources

Back