Welcome to Flightinfo.com

  • Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Great Lakes pilots please read...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

  • Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Twotter76

Masterless Samurai
Joined
Nov 26, 2001
Posts
697
Could someone who works from Great Lakes send me a PM? I want to verify that we still have our reciprocal jumpseat agreement in place with you guys and my jumpseat coordinator is little or no help. I fly for Era Aviation (7H) in ANC.

Thanks guys,

Twotter76
 
We had an Era captain on the jumpseat on the LAN-ORD route a year and a half ago when I flew the Brakillya at Lakes. Nice people up nort' der in Alaska, eh.
 
Ya we try to be friendly like. I jumpseat all the time myself. Usually it goes like this:

Me: Hello Captain I would like to jumpseat with you guys today

Captain: You fly for who? I've never heard of them. Are you 121?

Me: Era Aviation and yes we are.

Captain: Im going to have to look that one up

Me: Thank you

Invariably the captain gets back to me and gives me a ride and they are 99% of the time really cool guys. Would be nice to work for a carrier that people recognized though. Once in a great while I get someone who has heard of us. Do find lots of guys that have flown in Alaska. Are we still on the Air Willy list? I am not sure about that one anymore since we lost our UAL mainline agreement (still havent heard a good reason why). Hopefullly we get that one back soon, sucks not having it. Thanks for the help.

Twotter76
 
Twotter76,

I am pretty certain GLA is still on the AirWisc jumpseat list - I certainly wouldn't turn down a Laker. The only catch is you have to have a seat in the back, only UAL and UAX pilots are allowed to ride up front.
 
At GLA, we have a very flexible jumpseat policy. We'll take as many jumpseaters as we have open seats. If you're airline is 121, I don't think there are any captains who will turn you down even if you are not on the official list (which I don't have a copy, so I can't check your airline). Show up with your license, company ID and a friendly attitude and you'll be welcome.

Good luck.
 
Great thats what i was hoping. Too bad it isnt like that everywhere. You guys are certainly welcome on us anytime. Thanks for the help on this one.

Twotter76
 

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back
Top Bottom