• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Great Lakes Hiring Run Finally Ends...Newhires Sent Home

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah, I would agree with that. I just hate to see guys settle for crap pay and justify it with all the super respect they get. Ya can't pay the rent with respect. And the true irony is the public stopped respecting us a long time ago. Get over it and go for the money I say.

Oh, and stop making PA announcements. Seriously, would you find it necessary to tell someone on the street what the temperature is and which way the wind is blowing? Now why would you interrupt 50 conversations / inflight movies / books / naps or whatever to force that unwated information on total strangers?

Compensation in USD+(0.3*Aero Knowledge)+(0.2*Total Hours)-Number of Violations = Level of Professionalism

The type, gross weight, number of seats, or number of engines on a plane is irrelevant.

Yeah, I would agree with that. I just hate to see guys settle for crap pay and justify it with all the super respect they get. Ya can't pay the rent with respect. And the true irony is the public stopped respecting us a long time ago. Get over it and go for the money I say.

Oh, and stop making PA announcements. Seriously, would you find it necessary to tell someone on the street what the temperature is and which way the wind is blowing? Now why would you interrupt 50 conversations / inflight movies / books / naps or whatever to force that unwated information on total strangers?

Up to a point, I'll give you the reality that you state regarding respect. There are different levels of it - but I never wrote that Lakes pilots get 'super' respect or that Lakes pilots get as much or more respect than major airline pilots. Respect is like faith, different amounts can be had of it, but when you have it, you know it, and it does makes a difference.

Your PA advice has some merit, but you state it pretty categorically. Many times T-props and RJ's park without a jetway, and make their peeps walk inside on the ramp. Knowing that a cold ass rain will try to blow them down is useful info, and people don't look outside, contrary to common sense.

I love lakes threads... they bring back good memories.

Couple of things that should be noted. The guy or girl at Colgan wouldn't have made it. Full stop they would have washed. While I was not a fan of Lakes training at the time I will say that they do a better job of taking the average iPod, backpack, 250 hour wonder, and turning them into pilots than anyone else in the industry.

When I switched to another airline it was refreshing how easy it was. If after your 8 sims you still aren't comfortable will send you up for 8 more! I say bring on the old school, ball busting, learn it or leave, ground schools. I haven't looked at there accidents lately but I don't recall a Laker taking off on the wrong runway, stalling an airplane on approach, falling asleep and overflying the destination, etc...

Sully put a nice move on the hudson but I think we can all agree a Laker would have done it with a little more style and grace. So stop your b!tching. Any good aviation story you have... came from lakes. If you washed out of lakes training (initial or upgrade)... Then you suck. (not the training department, sim, etc.) Most importantly if you can't hack lakes... don't worry about it. You'll do fine at any airline.

Lakes is a pay to play training airline "earn your ATP in six months"... "get 1000 PIC by the age of 25". Can't handle it, get a real job that pays.

Sully put a nice move on the hudson but I think we can all agree a Laker would have done it with a little more style and grace. So stop your b!tching. Any good aviation story you have... came from lakes. If you washed out of lakes training (initial or upgrade)... Then you suck. (not the training department, sim, etc.) Most importantly if you can't hack lakes... don't worry about it. You'll do fine at any airline.

Really? A "Laker" would have ditched the Airbus better?

All good aviation stories came from "Lakes"?

"Lake" washouts make good airline pilots?

It's like arguing gravity with a dog. What's the point? I have nothing to say.

Head in hand shaking...

Oh, I thought of something... You're a tool.

bump. great threads deserve to be together.

Latest resources

Back