Great lakes furloughs.... $ for approach charts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Vavso,

Just because you would have been furloughed like the other trainees doesn't justify quiting. It is a good idea not to burn any bridges in this industry especially in this economy with very few flying jobs. I know a few lakers who will be blackballed at every major airline out there and will retire GLA at 65 yrs old.

When I got furloughed from lakes in 2001, I was excited because the other regionals were amping up hiring. 9/11 then happened and my plans were cancelled with a much better regional. Luckily I had the Lakes connection and went back there before any of the other regionals out there were recalling. Lakes is good s*&t as long as you don't have a family.

hi

In all honesty i really wanted it to work out $ was not an issue I wanted to move away from where I was . Due to a bunch of issues including those previously stated I felt it was the right choice I may have suprised myself by sticking it out and may have succeded . It was a very challenging experience although I actually enjoyed the structured training environment was with a bunch of great guys liked the instructors and line pilots I met nd learned a lot.
After weighing all sides of the equation I made a decision that I thought was right who knows in time maybe the decision would have been made for me . In the end things were not going well. That much I admit.

Latest resources

Back