• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Great Lakes follow-up phone number

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I gotta agree with Superpilot's assessment. I've lived both sides of the fence on this one. Back in the day, the almighty 1000 PIC meant you were out of there and on your way to big airline where your QOL and pay were the reward. Personally, I don't care how many pax I'm hauling around -- it's the pay and QOL that matters, especially since any regional you work for is going to be your home-sweet-home for a while.

Yes, I agree if you are young and single without a lot of debt/bills or responsibility, GLA has alot of fun people flying for them and builds some great skills. But many of us have families and that means that bottom-of-the-barrel pay, cost-prohibitive medical insurance, and junior manning down to 10 days off each month aren't going to cut it.

And yes, I can name off the pilots at GLA who went on to SWA, FedEx, etc. That is wonderful for them - however, I can also name the person who was their "in" at those companies. It wasn't their GLA experience that got them the job - like anywhere else it was who they knew.

I have a lot of respect for those who stick it out at Lakes....many of them are old friends of mine. I wish everyone there the best of luck...

Latest resources

Back