Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

frascaflyer

amateur drunkard
Can someone pm me a phone number for following up with Great Lakes? Sent the resume in to Aaron Rex.

Thanks,
FF

Hey man! I know you want to fly bad for an airline but come on 15 bucks an hour! You can do better with your time. Try PSA or Colgan each are hiring.

No offense to GLA but 15 bucks is low. I am sure its great flying and great people but if your tight on cash now it may be harder in the future. If its your only option take it and don't look back. Its a great stepping stone for another regional or part 135 stuff.

Just my .2 cents.

Aaron Rex.

Is this the gentleman we should address our resume to?

Thanks..

greyhound said:
Aaron Rex.

Is this the gentleman we should address our resume to?

Thanks..

Try the H.R. lady, Christine Smith.

Prop2jet.....You forgott to mention is a great steping stone to a major or LCC as well (not trying to bash you, its just a lot of people seem to forget that)....Ya the pay sucks. But its a small company and the pilot group is truly the best you will ever fly with.

Worked there for many years. Send you resume to Aaron Rex. His office is in the A terminal in Denver. He is always going through new resumes and deciding who to interview. The pay does suck, but you cant get such great flight experience with a finer group of people any where else. I wouldn’t trade my experience there for anything.

Is there such a thing as a stepping stone anymore? No, people need to get the stepping stone concept out of their heads because it used to be a concept because you could go to a stepping stone company for a year or two max and straight to the majors you go. Now your so called stepping stone will be a 4 to 5 year stone. Seems to me to be a waiting stone.

Good luck however at the so called stepping stone.

There has always been stepping stones, and there will always be stepping stones. Thats why upgrade is more important than retirement at the regionals. GLA is, and always be, a stepping stone. Just like any other regional or commuter (unless your life goal has always been to fly a 50 seat regional for the rest of your life). Flight instructing is a stepping stone, just like the commuters. The only difference is that with swings in the economy, and the airlines. You may spend more times at the stepping stone than your buddies who got into the industry 2 years earlier, but its still a stepping stone. In the early 90's peole spent just as much time at the commuters as they do now. I think people forget the swings in the industry and forget that 4-6 years at a commuter is fairly average over the last 20 years!! The young guys seem to think that 2 years flying at a regional and then heading to a major is the norm.....Its not.... When the military kicked out 3 times the pilots, commuter guys had to get 3 times the flight time to be competitive....Contrary to some peoples belief..Xjet is still a stepping stone, unless you like to claim you fly for CO when your actually flying your 50 seat RJ around...Again, not trying to bash, just putting a realistic spin on things!!

Last edited:
gt1900 said:
There has always been stepping stones, and there will always be stepping stones. Thats why upgrade is more important than retirement at the regionals. GLA is, and always be, a stepping stone. Just like any other regional or commuter (unless your life goal has always been to fly a 50 seat regional for the rest of your life). Flight instructing is a stepping stone, just like the commuters. The only difference is that with swings in the economy, and the airlines. You may spend more times at the stepping stone than your buddies who got into the industry 2 years earlier, but its still a stepping stone. In the early 90's peole spent just as much time at the commuters as they do now. I think people forget the swings in the industry and forget that 4-6 years at a commuter is fairly average over the last 20 years!! The young guys seem to think that 2 years flying at a regional and then heading to a major is the norm.....Its not.... When the military kicked out 3 times the pilots, commuter guys had to get 3 times the flight time to be competitive....Contrary to some peoples belief..Xjet is still a stepping stone, unless you like to claim you fly for CO when your actually flying your 50 seat RJ around...Again, not trying to bash, just putting a realistic spin on things!!

Agreed for the most part. The difference is QOL issues, yes i might sit as a fo a little longer hear but i am married with a 6 month old and qol is very important to me. So the contract and work rules hear are better than alot of companies and the pay isnt bad for a regional. It all depends on your situation i guess. If you are single and find a way to survive off of the pay at lakes in denver than by all means. Also i am not bashing its just alot of people think that its ok to sacrifice living conditions for the almighty upgrade so they can get their 1000 PIC and be gone. Unfortunatly times have changed after 911 and their are thousands of pilots out there that have alot more than a 1000PIC in turbojets. Just my spin on it. I could care less about "Flying my 50 seat RJ around" and have never claimed i fly for CO nor would i. An airplane is an airplane as far as i am concerned i think XJET gets paid a decent rate to fly a 50 seat airplane. At least we dont fly 70 and 90 seaters for 50 seat rates. Just my 2 cents

P.S- I got an offer to come fly for yall and i had the offer hear also and choose XJET. I think it would be alot of fun to fly there but i am from Houston and have my family to worry about supporting. If i was single i might have thought different who knows. You never are going to know if you made good decisions until the day you retire.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back