Great Lakes FO @ KDEN

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Trogdor said:
It is possible to live in DEN on 15.30 an hour if you live with friends. It might suck for a year, but you can upgrade fast and start making decent money.

Lakes is hiring about 10 a month for the foreseeable future. Upgrades are running quick depending on how much time you get hired with, around one year. As always internal recommendations are highly valuable.

Trogdor rules!

Please don't hit me for asking....

.. but how long do you think a 1600 hour guy would have to wait for an upgrade?

..Uhh, just curious. Its for a friend. Really.

Last edited:
1 year/ 1000 hours. At Lakes that seems like a lot, but U need that much time to feel comfortable in day to day ops.
I fly with alot of ex-lakers and have hired a few!
Consistant...Lakers can fly.
emp # 1024

$15/hr may not be a lot but it's more then most CFI's make, especially if you factor in that you'll probably log around 900 hrs a year at GL. Personally, I think Lakes is a great place to start off but that's just me - do I think the pay should be a little higher? Of course, but for a 700 F.O. on a 1900 it's not a bad start - just my 2 cents.

FLIIFAST said:
1 year/ 1000 hours. At Lakes that seems like a lot, but U need that much time to feel comfortable in day to day ops.
emp # 1024

Must be slow learners if it's taking a year to be comfortable with day to day ops..

Whats typical monthly gross including perdiem for 1st year FO? What are schedules like for the first year? Are 1-year upgrades going to continue?

Best line for July has 110 hrs of credit, 15 days off, and 264 hrs time away from base. For a first year FO this would pay 1947 gross (includes perdiem) and about 3200 for a 2nd year CA.

Average lines are about 88 hrs, 12-13 days off, 315 hrs time away. 1661 gross pay for 1st year FO.

Uprgrades are still running at a year. I have flown with a few that did it in about 9 months.

FLIIFAST said:
emp # 1024

That's a surprising figure. Up until my initial class at Lakes, they were hiring street captains. Even though there were problems (failures) with some of the street captains, many still made it through. Starting with my initial class several years ago, Lakes implemented a policy of requiring 300 hours of line experience before upgrade. So I think that "1 year/ 1000 hours" figure is high.

But I agree with your conjecture about Lakers being able to fly. Hand-flying a 1900 in Colorado and Wyoming makes one a better pilot. In fact, from what I see in my current job, people who've flown turboprops like the 1900, EMB-120, etc tend to have very good flying skills.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back