• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Great Lakes...Bye Bye Local 747

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good luck, Lakers! I hope you get a decent contract soon.

As for the naysayers on the Teamsters, remember that it depends a lot on the leadership at the local level and the involvement of the pilots. I was not thrilled to see the Teamsters at NetJets when I first hired on. But when the new MEC took over and established a new local, it really changed things and produced a good contract.

Chautauqua pilots fed up with the IBT as well. Maybe some of the forward thinkers at Lakes and Chautauqua should get together on this. CHQ pilots already have a fund to help this cause.

I was under the impression that the NetJets pilots are at a different Local (it's NOT 747) for a reason. Heard they bailed from Local 747 dissatisfied. It's taken years, but I finally believe that Rainey is truly corrupt.

Cardinal said:
I was under the impression that the NetJets pilots are at a different Local (it's NOT 747) for a reason. Heard they bailed from Local 747 dissatisfied. It's taken years, but I finally believe that Rainey is truly corrupt.
Actually NetJets was part of local 284, a dock loaders and trucker union. We where unhappy with thier corrupt truck driver thinking and no progress on the contract. We wanted controll of our own money with pilots running the local.

Hey everyone, the Kalitta Air guys are pretty fed up with the Local 747 as well. Let's just says it's been around 3 (!) years since our contract was amendable, and besides a bad TA, we've gotten nothing.

There has been some vague discussion similar to what people posted here - new local, that kind of thing. Some of our problems are our own leaders - no doubt, but it seems like we're getting no help from the Teamsters.

iaflyer

be-400xpdriver said:
Actually NetJets was part of local 284, a dock loaders and trucker union. We where unhappy with thier corrupt truck driver thinking and no progress on the contract. We wanted controll of our own money with pilots running the local.

Thanks for the clarification. Good thinking, too!

Cardinal said:

Be-400xpdriver is correct. We were 284 but when our new MEC took over, they quickly succeeded in getting a new Local exclusively for NJA piots: 1108. I think 1108 might be the local that some of the other fractionals might organize under.

iaflyer said:
Hey everyone, the Kalitta Air guys are pretty fed up with the Local 747 as well. Let's just says it's been around 3 (!) years since our contract was amendable, and besides a bad TA, we've gotten nothing.

Not too many folks over CHQ/Shuttle/Republic are too pleased with them either. They might be getting their walking papers from us too.

Latest resources

Back