• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Great Lakes Air (not the airline)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Of course, if you've been to Mackinac Island during the summer, it seems like someone leaked the secret ! A beautiful place, to be sure.

great hunting and fishing, tons of land and trails if you ride atvs in the summer and switch over to snowmobiles in the winter, you'll get used to seeing the same old people at the local social gathering spots, I imagine you'll fly quite a bit there though as he is pretty hard up for pilots.

Right now is prob the best time to start. The tourist season is just winding down but as soon as the water freezes get ready for anywhere between 20-50 trips a day and then it dies down again untill summer

Some second hand info.

Just ran into Paul the other day at PLN. He is still looking for people. (1 guy just left for a King Air job and the other got the axe for being a cowboy) Paul seem like a god guy to work with. I've been told the winter is a B!tch. Back and forth between St. Ig and Mcd 15 times a day! Serious x-winds.

Actually he wasn't really being a cowboy. Unless you you consider going to the wrong airport (Ohare-MDW) two days in a row and then going on a trip that was cancelled two days before to Chicago being a cowboy but he was a complete piece of ********************.

Well I sent a resume so I will see what happens, the wx and wind doesn't bother me too much. I did my share of Alaska flying. The things that really bug me
are being told to fly even if way over gross and 135 operations that can knock out 100 hr. and annuals
in about 3 hours.

Latest resources

Back