Great Lakes Air (not the airline)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

airdog577

Anyone know anything about this outfit, I have seen his ad on climbto350 for a long time and wondered why he cant find a pilot. I can imagine why but I would like to hear fact from someone.
Feel free to PM me if needed.

Thanks!

GREAT LAKES AIR (Part 135 Single & Multi-Engine Pilots (1000TT))
address.aspx

Tel: (906) 643-7165
faxnumber.aspx

Email: [FONT=arial, helvetica, verdana, sans-serif]Click here to Apply [/FONT]
Web Site: http://www.greatlakesair.net
description.aspx

You imagined right, he's going to have trouble finding a pilot that wants to live there, just imagine the winters up there. That aside he's a great guy and fun to work for.

The guy that runs it seems like a real nice guy, and the pay is pretty reasonable for an entry level job. They fly Cherokee sixes to mackinac island and have a baron and partenavia as well. I would guess that they have a hard time hiring because its located in the upper peninsula of michigan which is very cold in the winter and not much to do there.

I fly part time on the weekends for GLA. And Paul the owner is a great person to work for. The listed pay is is base salary along with tips (usually about 100-250 per week in summer time) and winter and yearly bonus of around $1000 each you can actually make some decent money for the work. The winters are very hard but fun. Summers are a lot better with the tourists. Any other questions?

Any he has found some pilots but the majority can't hack it in the winter with the high winds (consistent 30+) and the shear into the islands. If you go there know how to fly. Coming from a regional you won't hack it. I've seen the last five go that way.

You ever head to the dirtwood, i mean driftwood after a day of flying there mogley? Every once and while I venture up to the great white north and stop in there.

Yeah I know what you mean, not really a people watching place by any means, whitefish and pasties are a good treat though. La Salle High class of 1980 (st. iggy high), coooooolllllllaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!

its located in the upper peninsula of michigan which is very cold in the winter and not much to do there.

Are you kidding? Their isn't much to do there if you sit on your couch and watch TV, play internet, and guitar hero, for sure. But if you're an outdoors person, the U.P. of Michigan is awesome, summer and winter. Mackinac Island is one of the best kept secrets in America in the summetime. Snowmobiling is great in the winter - tons of activities. If you're a weather wimp (like me) you wouldn't enjoy it. But if you can hack the weather and love the outdoors, this is a great gig. If I was closer to retirement I'd pick it up for the pure fun of it. If you take the gig, buy some long johns and scuba gear - the area is a ton of fun for the right person.

AZT

Latest resources

Back