Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

T-prop

Ab Initio is the best...
Has anyone heard any info on whether or not Lakes will add up to 17 new cities to their route structure and possibly a PHX base??

It's a possibility, but not comfirmed yet... They haven't gotten them as of Friday the 14th, so until it is confirmed, I wouldn't bet any money on it... One of those, "it'll happen when it happens" kind of things... :)

This has been a great rumor for some time. The whole PHX rumor started up again back in May/June 2004. I do hope that GLA gets the extra cities but the rumors sure are fun, too, like the extra EMB-120's for the flying for Alaska out of PDX.

Guitar Guy said:
This has been a great rumor for some time. The whole PHX rumor started up again back in May/June 2004. I do hope that GLA gets the extra cities but the rumors sure are fun, too, like the extra EMB-120's for the flying for Alaska out of PDX.

Don't even joke about the Alaska rumor. That would create some serious angst here at Horizon.

17 is a high number. Right now Lakes has been given Enid and Ponca City, OK, and Sierra Vista, AZ, and Clovis and Silver City, NM. 5 so far. They begin early in March. Waiting to hear on Kingman, Prescott, and Show Low. We've apparently lost Sheridan, WY, which will hurt. This is straight from the queen herself, MZ.

Yeah, I read an article in the Billings paper about the loss of Sheridan. That sucks -- it was a really nice town, and fun to fly into. According to the article, the local city leadership is not at all pleased about Lakes being underbid, and said they "wouldn't consider it a done deal yet."

Big Sky is taking over SHR? Why the change to them? With the load factors that I remember in SHR, I thought any replacement would be to a larger equipment type.

It's also interesting about getting some of the cities in AZ. I remember chatting with AR about the deal in AZ and at that time, it was thought that award for EAS down there would be to one carrier - a "winner take all" situation.

Best of luck to you Lakers. I hope you get even more cities and a new contract to go along with them.

Whirlwind said:
It's a possibility, but not comfirmed yet... They haven't gotten them as of Friday the 14th, so until it is confirmed, I wouldn't bet any money on it... One of those, "it'll happen when it happens" kind of things... :)

I love your Avatar!!!

Mooser

Latest resources

Back