• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Great Colgan Rumor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This FO should just quit and go somewhere else, thus allowing him to keep the extra pay. I mean it's not like he would have any reason for feeling guilty. The CA pay over there is what FO's should be earning anyway and CA pay about 40% higher than that. There is no way Colgan could get this pay via the courts. They were stupid enough to make the mistake, they should live with it! Hell, as far as I'm concerned, the regionals have been stealing from the pilots since their inception!

pipejockey said:
This FO should just quit and go somewhere else, thus allowing him to keep the extra pay. I mean it's not like he would have any reason for feeling guilty. The CA pay over there is what FO's should be earning anyway and CA pay about 40% higher than that. There is no way Colgan could get this pay via the courts. They were stupid enough to make the mistake, they should live with it! Hell, as far as I'm concerned, the regionals have been stealing from the pilots since their inception!

That's an interesting thought. With all the people that have left for the "real" big equipment, I think many have taken a pay cut to do it. (based on first year FO pay only) May be not all the ones that went to airtran, or the one that went to SWA. Your thoughts are still true though, the captain pay is what a regional FO should make in my opinion. The rates at all the regionals should only go up, who would have guessed they would be going down???

I wish I saw old Mary's face when they figured that one out. Oh man that would be fun. All the pickin apart those stupid pay sheets, scamming everyone out of the rounded down pennies, and they're pissing thousands away cuz some family member in the payroll department thought the 19 year old kid was a street captain. Gosh thats good. Its only topped by the F/O quietly cashing the check every two weeks for 7 months. With the rigorous interview screening its hard to believe someone so dishonest slipped throught the cracks. HAH. Man this cracks me up.

BUMP... this was the best question on the thread and still no answer!

Prop2Jet said:
Wow, its seems like a lot of Captains think FO's are not usefull. For those guys, did you get hired out of your embry riddle seat in classroom into the left seat of the Saab or did you work your way up to being an asshole from the right seat?

Joe Schmo said:
I believe boarding the aircraft and getting the flight going is strictly the captains authority. Captains still need to review the aircraft maintenance logs and records prior to departure, then their are the captains preflight checks which aren't included in the FO flows. I'm an FO and I just think my role is more or less to back up the captain and not so much to help get the plane out on time. Lets just say that there is a maintenance item or logbook discrepency that renders the aircraft unairworthy, it would be more inconvenient to deplane the aircraft and remove all the luggage then to just wait and take a delay. FO's have enough to do prepare all of the weight and balance, weather, cleareance boarding and starting an engine should be the least of an FO's concerns. Moreorless concentrate on your job and your role in a flight crew.

dude, there are alot of right seat captains here. I wonder if it is like that in other places.

Frac guy here-

Don't know why I started reading the thread but ugh i got sucked in....

If the FO does both the captains and the FO's part of the before start and engine start checklist does it really matter if he hits the start switch? I guess it's up to your sop's and all.

In our planes both our pilots are typed and swap seats. So we don't really have that problem.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back