GREAT CE-750 Job!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
bvt1151 said:
You forget I already have a job, pushing a 75,000 pound jet around for $10k to $15K less than that job offers working twice as much...and I'm the 2nd highest paid in the right seat for this airframe!

In my experience, they guys who are willing to take the low-paying jobs usuallly end up taking less their entire careers, moving from one "Battered Pilot Shelter" to another. . . . . . good luck and good riddance.

skydan said:
Salary range of $40,000 to $45,000 or possibly higher, based on experience.

I don't think you guy's are reading the ad!

Entry Level 2000TT first starting out is only worth 40-45k If some one who has good qual's I.E. corporate jet time and experience I think they would go higher.

Just a guess but you're the guys that know it all.

I think you are missing the point. The Citation X is not an "entry level" jet anymore than a B-747 is. In other words 2000TT just doesn't cut it, and is below what would even be considered a low time pilot. The assumption is that anyone even being considered for a co-pilot job on a Citation X would have in excess of 2000TT and thus command a better salary, which is to say, that they would have compensation above an "entry level" salary. This point must be fairly close, as THE LOWEST Citation X co-pilot according to the 2006 ProPilot survey made $70K (an entry level salary for a Citation X).
If you want to pay an "entry level" salary in the 40K to 45K range for a Citation that is fine...go and get a Citation II.

But hey, maybe you are the one that knows it all.

Last edited:
I get the feeling you're in the mood to pick a fight with anyone who says anything that can be twisted to what would satisfy your urge.

Is it still a debate, when the other side has no interest in debating?

bvt1151 said:
If you don't want to do it, there are plenty who will.

I agree.....sort of. There are plenty of people flying airplanes who are stupid enough to accept a job like this. All it does is screw over every other pilot in the country who is trying to make a decent living. I'm a line captain on a corporate jet. I'm being paid more right now than I have ever been. I make about average for my position and type. According to the government, I'm low income.

Sux to be me.

Paul McCartney said:
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]

Company Benefits:
Salary range of $40,000 to $45,000 or possibly higher, based on experience. [/FONT]
[/FONT]

I think I'll stick to my desk job ... it pays substantially higher.

They'll get what they pay for. You're in corporate aviation, not the highly regulated and unionized airline industry. Capitalism rules, and if they're willing to take the pilot they can get for 45k, guess what, the pilot works for 45k.

You can't dictate for other pilots their reasoning for taking a job or not. It could be in their home town. It could offer a quick upgrade and a tripling of their salary. They could snag the type and leave.

I was hoping this arrogant mindset was exclusive to the airline industry, but apparently its not. I'm not going to bash another pilot for taking a job at any pay. He has his reasons, and I have the respect for another pilot to assume his reasons are sufficient.

Unfortunate.

bvt1151 said:
I'm not going to bash another pilot for taking a job at any pay. He has his reasons, and I have the respect for another pilot to assume his reasons are sufficient.

Unfortunate.

How many pilots have heard their bosses say ... "you know that I can find people to do this job for less...."

Now do you respect another pilot?

G100driver said:
How many pilots have heard their bosses say ... "you know that I can find people to do this job for less...."

Now do you respect another pilot?

This may happen, and capitalism dictates it. What will most likely happen is they won't get their first choice, or whoever takes the job won't last much over a year. That isn't the fault of the pilot, its the fault of the company. If they're willing to pay that much, they'd better be prepared for what they get.

If you think 40-50k is bad in the corporate industry, try 200 hour pilots flying at 20k in the regional industry. The problem is that we've comoditized ourselves. There is no real difference anymore between a good and a bad pilot, at least not enough that the other pilot can't cover for. Crashes are so rare, and pilots are so plentiful that the public no longer justifies that extra $20 per ticket for a better pilot.

The point is that either this company is aware how long a $40-45k pilot will last, or they'll find out real quick. That is the company's issue, and not the pilot's.

bvt1151 said:
The point is that either this company is aware how long a $40-45k pilot will last, or they'll find out real quick. That is the company's issue, and not the pilot's.

I will agree with you to a point.

However the more guys that quit the worse things tend to get a la PFT, training bonds ect ....

The more that guys say NO the better. Pilots should not compete with each other based on pay. They should compete based on merit. The last thing that I want is to fly with some dork because he CONvinced my boss that he was the boy for the job because he would work for less than industry standard wage.

We are talking about zillionare's and corporations that have the wealth to own a jet. A Cit X flying about 350 hours an year has a budget of $1.3-1.7 MILLION a year. Do you think under paying your pilots has any effect of whether or not the flight department survives?

Demand an industry wage ... who knows, maybe you will get some respect along the way as well:rolleyes:

G100driver said:
a jet. A Cit X flying about 350 hours an year has a budget of $1.3-1.7 MILLION a year. Do you think under paying your pilots has any effect of whether or not the flight department survives?

Demand an industry wage ... who knows, maybe you will get some respect along the way as well:rolleyes:

This simple fact is lost on so many pilots. Comparing the salaries to the actual costs of the operation on an annual basis is miniscule percentage wise.

Latest resources

Back