Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pgcfii2002

"Uh....oh yeah...&quo
I would be considering getting an Masters in Aviation at some point, but ERAU is a bit too expensive. Anybody know of cheaper colleges that offer graduate aviation degrees?

UND. They have an online program too. Not quite sure what a masters in aviation will get you though. I'm still tryng to figure out why in the world I got my BS in that field...

For all the Riddle bashing I used to join in on, well, I'm doing a masters program at ERAU.

I don't know how much cheaper a state school might be, but ERAU's courses at their satellite campus are about $900/class for in class-room work, and $1100/class if you're doing it online. I'm doing it online in a "non" aviation major... MANAGMENT! Seriously, I need any MS degree I can get my hands on as far away from aviation as I can get. The coursework is NOT aviation focused/themed as far as I can tell.

I checked UND's website for tuition costs. If you can qualify as an instate student at any school, you can beat ERAU's costs I'm sure, but if you're going to pay out of state tuition or whatever, I think ERAU's rates are pretty good.

I've got an MS in Aviation Safety from Central Missouri State University. It wasn't too expensive. The only down side is you can't do it online. You can, however, do it at extended campuses in Kansas City and St. Louis.

Chris

Try Everglades university..i got accepted there last week for the MBA in aviation science(online degree)..They send me the papers and its $400 per credit plus $200 for every class(computer fees).
Im not sure how good the school is,but hopefully it will help.

Why in hell would you get a masters in aviation science? The BS degree in aviation science is worthless as it is.

Ralgha said:
Why in hell would you get a masters in aviation science? The BS degree in aviation science is worthless as it is.

Well, everybody I've talked to has said that what you get your MS in less important than the fact that you actually have an MS. If you don't have to pay for it, I'd think that having an MS-Anything (read: Aviation Science) is better than having an MS-Nothing.

Ralgha said:
A masters degree in airplane flying... oops Aviation Science? Ralgha, I agree with you. There's a better real world definition: An ATP with a jet type rating and 4,000 hours of "good" experience. Get that, then you will have become an Aviation Master.

Go for the Masters, but for Pete's sake get in it a field that will put meat on the table should the need ever arise.

'Sled

Latest resources

Back