• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

GPS simulator

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The only way for that aircraft to get external power is through the FBO. Do you think they'll charge for that if we regularly get fuel from them?

Thanks
I was a CFII student/renter. I just had to push the A/C over to the maintenance shed so the cable could reach.

Ask 'em.

You can slide the GPS unit out of the airplane and run it off of an external power supply on a nice comfy desk.

We have an old KLN-89B sitting in our sim room that's run that way. We use it for familiarization since, as you correctly pointed out, trying to learn it in the airplane is a pain.

Or, buy a proper docking station (ie http://www.lonestaraviation.com/docking.htm) to use with the unit.

Ours is just hooked up to a cheap power supply and sitting on a baking rack or something.

Eh... i'm not sure the flight school would like me taking out the GPS from their airplane.

I was a CFII student/renter. I just had to push the A/C over to the maintenance shed so the cable could reach.

Ask 'em.

Thanks! I'll try it out. However, our FBO is maybe a few blocks away from the school. It's quite a push. Maybe they'll tow it there?

Latest resources

Back