• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Government type

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not to be mean-spirited or anything, but why should my tax dollars pay for your type rating? I spent a lot of time underwater and underground to pay my way along with earning Veteran's benefits.

People should stop looking towards the government in this entitlement-mentality day and age for a hand-out and pull themselves up by the bootstraps and git-r-done like the founders of this great nation.

Good luck to you and I pray for the best.

I think he's asking about WIA. I'm pretty sure its been discussed before. Search it and see what you come up with.

Hey -- I'm sorry to hear if you're furloughed. Only those who have been there understand. Look up the Workforce Improvement Act -- ask your former employer (they should know), search this forum, Google it, call your friends about it, and call your local WIA office.

Wisconsin has a great WIA program (we should... our taxes are outrageous). If your state doesn't have a good WIA program, go right to the governor's office, and move heaven and earth to get WIA funding for a type.

Most importantly, get some of your hard-paid tax dollars back. Don't listen to these other guys with their rhetoric about "I'm not giving you any handouts..." and all that nonsense. You paid your taxes -- be glad to get something for them, finally.

Flame bait or not, he is refering to the WIA.

This is federal money, administered by your state, and distributed at the county level. Hows that for beauracratic red tape?!?!

I speak from experience (nov-dec 2001) Takes alot of hoop-jumping but is able to be done.

He paid plenty taxes and I would rather see him use it to further his marketabilty then give it out to the welfare mothers so the pimps can get another hit.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back