• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gouge site posting common sense

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think people will be able to figure out who you are the more you post. Eventually the stuff you talk about here ends up being the same stuff you talk about in the cockpit. If you're at a small company like me, i think that makes your coworkers try harder to figure out who is behind the username just out of curiosity. I've had people ask me on the line, and pm me trying to find out who the hell bra is. Then on occasion an FO will bring up a post i made not knowing that i am bra and i just can't stop laughing. That gives up my ID sometimes. This probably isn't the best place to say that your companies MX is gonna kill people, or that the chief pilot needs his arse kicked though. Late

...well...it seems you have two choices. First, conduct yourself as if you were in a meeting with a group of other pilots (and managers) around. Don't say anything you wouldn't say in that kind of crowd. The second is have an ID that is nothing close to your name, callsign or even gives a hint of who you are--then fire away.

I have chosen the former. Some have chosen the latter. The point is if you do the former, think a bit before you post. This isn't just about flight management. If you were to post something badmouthing a co-worker or making a joke at their expense, you might find a bit chillier cockpit next time you had to fly with that person. Certainly, anyone who proposes "work actions" or goes outside of the RLA on the boards might find themselves wedged between an angry union (trying to play by the rules) and an angry mangement team. That is why you see guys like TonyC post "my union speaks for me..." and lets the professional negotiators and leaders guide us on our options.

The other side of the coin is I have gotten to know a lot of great people at my company (and some others) through this site, and while I would never compromise their real names its been fun to keep up with what everyone else is doing.

capt. megadeth said:
I'm sorry but it is a truly sad day when a company "lurks" on a website......comes to the conclusion that they "think" they know who you are and grill you about it. Truly sad.

It happens ALL the time. Trust me ;)

That is why I delete 50 % of what I___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

________________________________at least until ______________________________________Chrstmas. ____________________________________________and she said "200$". ______________________________________________________________________________________________

_____________________________' until my dog ate the thankgiving turkey anyway!!! ROFL

Last edited:
Plus, one could have all the gouge on the planet memorized and still be saddled with the personailty of a wet mop. Some of the smartest and "prepared" people I have evey come across are some of the worst speakers on the planet.....It all gets sorted out in the end....

Latest resources

Back