Got to stall a Lear today...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SinglePliot135

...well, actually the Test Pilot did, but I was a required crewmember. That was cool, and surprisingly tame. But I did know that the stab heat works only in the air, which he didn't. Sorry, I'm a dork.

So what is that worth? The stab is heated in the air? R U an engineer? Tame? Never stalled one? What did you think was going to happen? Today, all aircraft are desiged to be more thaqn stable. That's to make up for the fact that tere are few real pilots left. I mean real pilots. Not just hte morons that can program the ********************ing FMS. I mean the real guys that can FLY the aircraft. Do many of you remember that? You wanna try some stalls? Try the T33 or even the Cesna 120? GO learn something then come back and lets talk a bit!

Yeah, but even a 3rd grader can spell "bottle...." And I must be one of those
"real pilots" you mention... I've stalled a hawker....

So what is that worth? The stab is heated in the air? R U an engineer? Tame? Never stalled one? What did you think was going to happen? Today, all aircraft are desiged to be more thaqn stable. That's to make up for the fact that tere are few real pilots left. I mean real pilots. Not just hte morons that can program the ********************ing FMS. I mean the real guys that can FLY the aircraft. Do many of you remember that? You wanna try some stalls? Try the T33 or even the Cesna 120? GO learn something then come back and lets talk a bit!

tool!

Today, all aircraft are desiged to be more thaqn stable.

From what I recall from school, the Lear is not an aircraft of today. But this was a 'high-tech' 55. And though I can fly good enough, I still can't figure out that pesky FMS box. Comes from too many hours of having the most powerful computer in the plane being my cell phone.

I still get a kick out of a plane that stalls at a higher speed than a 172 cruises at.

The reason they have to stall test the lears every time the leading edge comes off is that the wing is very critical. A lear 31 I flew took several adjustments to pass the stall tests. With the aircraft in perfectly coordinated flight, one wing would stall before the other and it would roll upside down. They take it back to the factory, make a couple adjustments, and try it again.

Softail,

For such a stud pilot, you spend a lot of time berating guys online in the middle of the night that are just excited to be out there flying. You sound burnt out...maybe time to get out. I looked at your posts and you're one negative dude.

PS - guys that brag about what a great stick they are...usually suck. Lighten up - and go get Hooked on Phonics so we don't have to guess what you're trying to write.

D.ouchebag

I happen to know SP135 and can vouch for his flying abilities. Anyone that can slug it out for a few wisconsin winters in those beat up, ratty old 99's from his avatar is o.k in my book. Go back to being a "real pilot" with your Microsoft Flight Sim loser.

Very cool, I did a bunch of stalls on a 60 with a test pilot after it came out of the 12 year. If I remember correctly, it was rather tame (no huge break), but it would sink like crazy.

What's with that one guy, can't get into a jet so tries to belittle everyone else that can??????????

Latest resources

Back