• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Got to stall a Lear today...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So what is that worth? The stab is heated in the air? R U an engineer? Tame? Never stalled one? What did you think was going to happen? Today, all aircraft are desiged to be more thaqn stable. That's to make up for the fact that tere are few real pilots left. I mean real pilots. Not just hte morons that can program the ********************ing FMS. I mean the real guys that can FLY the aircraft. Do many of you remember that? You wanna try some stalls? Try the T33 or even the Cesna 120? GO learn something then come back and lets talk a bit!

Wow! You are a know it all and done it all pilot! I wanna be like you...
Hmmm, I want to stall and recover a T33. Maybe, I'll be a real pilot like you.

what a loser with issues...

lighten up a bit.

Got to go on a stall test on our 60 when we were waiting to take the acceptance flight....broke hard right (more than once....over several tests!) 12 hours later on a brand new 60 they had it fixed...THE OUTCOME!!!!!

ONE OF THE SHARKS TEETH WAS A 30,000th of AN INCH OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now figuring that out was pure PFM...but the chance to go was amazing and added a lot of respect for everything I ever learned especially those 24/25's at FL450 over the top of T-Storms....Stick and Rudder boy can kiss my caboose....stall a 20 series or 60 up high....doubt you could ever get the 60 up to 510 but.....but with everything else she would throw at you.....good luck...and let me know how it compares to the T33 and then take that perfomance and compare it to the Cessna 120 and let me know the differences.

"I kicked Chuck Yeagers as5 the other day....out landed Armstrong....and then woke up and had to deal with the moped I took home...life is a beach!"

BUT YES SOFTAIL99....I HAD NEVER FLOWN BOXES UNTIL the 60....and IT DOES SPOIL YOU....UTILIZE EVERYTHING, CHEAT AS MUCH AS YOU CAN....so that maybe you catch that little detail you would have missed because it was covered up under an MEL sticker, didn't work, and your company could care less.....TECHNOLOGY IS MY FRIEND....write it 20 times on a chalk board....followed by....I am not the best pilot in the world...because Chuck is still sucking air!!!!

TEX

So what is that worth? The stab is heated in the air? R U an engineer? Tame? Never stalled one? What did you think was going to happen? Today, all aircraft are desiged to be more thaqn stable. That's to make up for the fact that tere are few real pilots left. I mean real pilots. Not just hte morons that can program the ********************ing FMS. I mean the real guys that can FLY the aircraft. Do many of you remember that? You wanna try some stalls? Try the T33 or even the Cesna 120? GO learn something then come back and lets talk a bit!
wow, you must be a good pilot! I mean a REAL pilot, that is good! The kind that can FLY! yeah?

Some pretty pathetic comments. How much experience do you have flight testing the stall regime in any aircraft, much less the Lear, T-33 or Cessna 120?

I just spent about a hundred hours in and out of stalls in a 30 series Lear with special modifications and external stores, much of it with the shaker or pusher, and occasionally beyond. Frequently with various forms and ice loadings on board, and different types of equipment attached externally.

The way the airplane behaves in an incipient unaccelerated, 1G stall with the power off to the shaker is different than how it behaves a few knots below that, or a degree or two above it. And the ability to recover can go from no altitude loss to fifteen thousand feet. Add acceleration to that and manuvering forces, not to mention interference from wing contamination, and you have an entirely different aircraft each time, with vastly different characteristics.

Of course, softtail99, you know all about that, don't you? You're quite the expert, though you talk like a private pilot wannabe. Why don't you tell us about the deep stall characteristics of the airframe with it's various wings and development, and then cap it off with a discertation on it's opposite end mach effects (shock stall), so long as you're going to impress us all with your vast understanding.

The original poster offered up his own insights, and elected to share something he found meaningful. You elected to wet in his cherios and tout your own brand of idiotic expertise at the same time. Bear in mind that more than a few posters here have experience in this area, some of us a considerable amount...so why don't you sit up and impress us deeply with your uncanny understanding of all things aeronautical? I'm all agog.

Latest resources

Back