• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Got the CAL email today!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For EWR, IAH, and CLE bases newhire pay is about $30/flight hour. No insurance for 6 months.

For GUM base, newhire pay is about $65/hour, insurance when you get in base (maybe from award...I forget), $1100/mo COLA, and 100% international per diem.

I chose GUM and haven't looked back. It's not for everybody, though.

Do you have a lot of layovers in Japan or Australia? I know you do the 5 stopper to HNL too. Is that fun hitting Yap and places like that?

Bye Bye--General Lee

No, we don't have Japan or Aussi layovers right now. And yes, the hopper is a lot of fun, even if it is a long day. Putting a loaded 73-8 onto a 5200 foot strip is a blast. The people are great, and the planes are full. And Yap isn't on the hopper.

Do you have a lot of layovers in Japan or Australia? I know you do the 5 stopper to HNL too. Is that fun hitting Yap and places like that?

Bye Bye--General Lee

No, we don't have Japan or Aussi layovers right now. And yes, the hopper is a lot of fun, even if it is a long day. Putting a loaded 73-8 onto a 5200 foot strip is a blast. The people are great, and the planes are full. And Yap isn't on the hopper.

It's on the mini hopper!

Sure does sound like fun!!! and Yap is???:beer:

Yap is a tiny little island between Guam and Koror. I think we go in there 3 times a week.

How senior is the Guam flying? How long before a newhire 737 FO could get over there? Lastly, how are living conditions on the island - nice homes, etc.?

How's the surfing out at Guam? What about cost of living - pretty expensive? Can you afford a nice apartment with views of the water, etc.? That would be a big improvement over my current place.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back