Got the CAL email today!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ATRCA

Wow, after two years of trying I got the email today. Start sending me the gouge boys and girls.

Any suggestions?

Congrats!!!!

The only thing I have to say is BE YOURSELF. They don't want robots here, they want people with personality. At this point the job is yours to lose. I would definitely recommend paying for some time in the sim before the interview. Go thought Crew Pilot Training. They did all the stuff for the MD80 (which is no longer with us) but I believe they do it for the 737 as well. Just relax and enjoy the whole process.

Good Luck!!

I will call in tomm. to schedule the interview and I am already lining up the sim prep. I will certainly to whatever is needed to show up prepared. Got the fingers crossed!

Read through the AIM and be ready for the tell me about a time and what would you do kind of questions. Remember to answer as if you were the captain and don't be affraid to take your time with it. Please keep us posted and feel free to PM me if you have any questions. Good luck!

ATRCA,

Give me a PM and I'll help point you in the right direction. I start class next week (10/16), so the interview stuff is relatively fresh in my mind.

good luck,
fb

ATRCA,

Give me a PM and I'll help point you in the right direction. I start class next week (10/16), so the interview stuff is relatively fresh in my mind.

good luck,
fb

Congrats on getting away from Flight Options! You must be elated... Good job!

Last edited:
For EWR, IAH, and CLE bases newhire pay is about $30/flight hour. No insurance for 6 months.

For GUM base, newhire pay is about $65/hour, insurance when you get in base (maybe from award...I forget), $1100/mo COLA, and 100% international per diem.

I chose GUM and haven't looked back. It's not for everybody, though.

Latest resources

Back