• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Got a friend that is thinking of going to Pinnacle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks will do....I was just looking at their website and it says that they are flying CRJ-200 and CRJ 700. Hmm I think that they should take a lesson from Comair they are flying the same aircraft and DL is stripping them. The days of 50 seat flying are going down fast and I think that Pinnacle is going to go the way of Comair...Any thoughts? Sad to see this

Well they are merging with Mesaba and Colgan into one super regional. Last I heard is that things are not great over at Pinnacle. I heard they do upwards of 70+ releases with load planning? (somebody correct me if I am wrong) Also the place is a revolving door with guys in an out all the time.

Granted this is all hearsay so I dont know the factual info. Maybe somebody else can chime in.

They are building (or renovating) a new one in the downtown Memphis area last I heard

True friends dont let friends work at Pinch-a-nickle, I'm just sayin' (and I interviewed there, and told the interviewer I withdraw from consideration).

70 releases PLUS their own load planning??? Ouch. That sucks.

Where are you getting your numbers from?

Dont know how many releases but I have heard you do w&b and it is a mess there. But with that said if you just received your license and dont have any other options go there and get the experience. But go with a open mind and remember Dispatching isnt like that at other airlines.

9E is getting a new office downtown at 1 commerce square, walking distance to everything. I believe the move will occur in August. The comments about load planning are true, not sure I ever cut 75 releases, maybe on a morning shift, mornings got pretty busy. I think the release count per dispatcher has gone down a bit over the last couple of years, everytime I go to the SOC for a visit, they have time for brief chat or to let me click the mouse for old times sake, and when im flying they are way quicker to respond over acars than in years past. It is a revolving door, but that can be a good thing, i was there for less than 2 years and in the end picked the days that I wanted to work and the shift. Also I was a big fan of the dispatch software, created in house by nwa. Easiest system i've used to build a route around weather.

Latest resources

Back