Got a call from CAL for an INTERVIEW!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

dude100

Just got called for an interview at CAL. Really excited! I live on the east coast and have a crash pad with family already available near EWR, 30min. drive. Is EWR really that bad? If I were hired, would commuting to EWR suck? Your thoughts or info. would really help...thanks.

I see that your time is ~ 5000 hrs. I'm just curious, if you don't mind me asking, did you have some internal recs or someone walk your stuff in. Congratulations and good luck on the interview.

EWR is all what you make it. For sure, though, it is the place you want to be at the beginning of your career. Reason? swift movement. IAH is cheaper though.

I am IAH based but seriously considering moving to EWR for better flying and supercharged career progression.

If you get the job I don't believe you will be in a class until mid-September. That should give you some time to think about Newark. The good news is that you will be hired at the beginning of the annual 8 month hiring boom. That will ensure rapid progression no matter where you go. You can expect reserve for a month or two at the most of the 737; 757 would be a bit longer.

Right now, just concentrate on getting the job and good luck.

How long were you on the 'short list' before you got called? I've been on it for almost 4 months now, and I gather it takes anywhere for 4 months to a year before you get called, depending on the horsepower of who is pushing for you. Still waiting and hoping!!

If you get the job I don't believe you will be in a class until mid-September. That should give you some time to think about Newark. The good news is that you will be hired at the beginning of the annual 8 month hiring boom. That will ensure rapid progression no matter where you go. You can expect reserve for a month or two at the most of the 737; 757 would be a bit longer.

Right now, just concentrate on getting the job and good luck.

And, make sure you be very careful crossing the street or driving a car while talking on the phone during the first 6 months. Since CAL doesn't give you health insurance and you are paid less than any legacy first year, you might have to go without. Be very careful doing anything. When you are not flying, sit in one spot and don't move.

Bye Bye--General Lee

And, make sure you be very careful crossing the street or driving a car while talking on the phone during the first 6 months. Since CAL doesn't give you health insurance and you are paid less than any legacy first year, you might have to go without. Be very careful doing anything. When you are not flying, sit in one spot and don't move.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Hell I'd love to get a job at Delta, but apparently you have to know God and be close personal friends with about 20 senior captains to have the slightest chance in hell. :) :)

Latest resources

Back