GoooJets Union

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jetfo

Doe anyone know whether they have unionized yet. I had heard they would go IBT after receiving their operation certificate?!?

Correct me if I'm wrong but the purpose of Go Jets was to be non-union in the first place. Why would they go union? It would defeat the purpose of the alter -ego.

logolight said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but the purpose of GJs was to be non-union in the first place. Why would they go union? It would defeat the purpose of the alter -ego.
Well, there are other union options besides ALPA which I guess is what they are exploring. From the looks of things that place is going to be a shi!thole for a long time though.

they actually wanted the Teamsters but ALPA went to the board and forced the teamsters out and merged the pilot seniority and put up a vote. The vote was 75% no. And I do not know what happened after that. Pilots that work their are considered SCABS and they have a list of them at <edit>. Remeber, if you post a scab list or links to one, this is grounds for being banned permanently. - Workin'Stiff

Let's put it that way. If you go work for ************************* then know this: Just like the company is willing to take away positions that should be given to TSA pilots, in the future, they will without hesitation, take your job away in the future and give it to someone else that is willing to do it cheaper and have no life. Ok, yes, the company wants to fly 70 seaters and due the AA contract TSA pilots are not allowed to fly anyting over 50. Ok, fine they want to fly 70 seaters so start a new airline but give TSA pilots first shots at them, not hire new pilots off the street so you can pay them dirt cheap. Pilots that are taking positions at ************************* are screwing it for the rest of us and for their own future as well.

Their days off is a mere 8 days a month! And guess what, they blatently violate the contract at TSA all the time, so how do you think they are going to treat pilots at ************************* that are yet to form a union? I actually tunred them down. what they do is you go to a TSA interview, then they tell you the class is canceled and they give you an option at *************************! No way Jose! I would rather be on the street without a job then be on a SCAB list!

Last edited by a moderator:
??????????????????? where I wrote gooojet they put asterix??? funny let me see how about g o j e t

sliver8 said:
??????????????????? where I wrote gooojet they put asterix??? funny let me see how about g o j e t

Yep, and oops - when you post links to scab lists, you get put in the penalty box.

Me no referee; just pointing it out.

Latest resources

Back