• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Goodyear hiring blimp pilots!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't mean to be a downer, but here's a voice recording of an actual blimp crash.

15:19:30 Woa, what the hell.......
15:20:32 Hang on to the sonofabitch
15:20:40 I cant hold her...were going down...we got 10ft
15:21:12 Drop ballast, full power.....cmon on baby...9ft
15:23:41 Damnit were still goin down...8ft
15:23:58 7 ft
15:24: 21 6 ft...cmon baby
15:24:33 Florida center this is GY Pan Pan Pan, we are at 5ft and unable to maintain altitude
15:24:44 Whats wrong with her? 4 ft
15:24:49 uninteligable
15:25:04 Florida center, gy mayday mayday mayday, ....at...uh..we have 3 ft...were goin in
15:25:24 watch out for the curb bill, hang on...2 ft
15:25:37 1 ft BRACE BRACE BRACE
15:25 51 -Sound of impact
15:25:55 You OK Bill?
15:25:57 Ya, i think i spilled my coffee though
END OF RECORDING

So funny.

Seriously, though: One of my FOs a number of years ago was their retired CP. Really cool guy and Goodyear took him all over the world. It sounded fun.

I heard it "third hand," but I've heard blimp pilots get paid "well," but do long trips (sometimes weeks).

I've also heard it's a lot of fun.

Can you imagine doing an ILS and being told to hold at least twenty knots to the runway?

Anyone know what it pays?

Im going thru mil tng and my sim partner here interviewed with them - they conduct a phone interview, then informal one at the "blimpatorium" in CA and they don't discuss pay until the formal interview in Ohio. She didn't get hired but they did hire an Austrian girl sometime after...maybe that girl moved back home?

Im going thru mil tng and my sim partner here interviewed with them - they conduct a phone interview, then informal one at the "blimpatorium" in CA and they don't discuss pay until the formal interview in Ohio. She didn't get hired but they did hire an Austrian girl sometime after...maybe that girl moved back home?

Austria??????
G'day mate, let's throw another shrimp on the barbie....

You think you're gone too much now? Try getting back to your base 1000 miles away with a ground speed of 10 kts!

Latest resources

Back