Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

The E-Train

Hey all,

My wife and I are looking to move to the Tampa area, and I am looking for a good FBO in the Tampa Bay area. I'm looking to possibly do my private initially, and then maybe add on if I see necessary...any info would be great.

-E-Train

Well I have to suggest the school I used to teach at, Clearwater Airpark. Its very small and just got a new owner who seems to be doing good things with it.

Good Luck

Matt

I second CLW. I got my private there as well, although before the new sheriffs arrived. It's a challenging field to learn landings, as it is short enough to force you to think about your aimpoints and its north-southish (34-16) orientation guarantees xwind practice when the afternoon seabreeze picks up. All this swirls around the trees and hangars, making it lively at times. It is surrounded by the city of Clearwater, though. If you lose an engine down low, you have no real options for setting it down gently. They practice 5 miles west over Clearwater Beach, watch for traffic!!
Right now they have 2 152's, 4 172's(r, sp, n, rg), a Duchess, and Warrior, I believe...

Latest resources

Back