• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Good Tampa Bay Area FBO's

The E-Train

Total Time
none
Hey all,

My wife and I are looking to move to the Tampa area, and I am looking for a good FBO in the Tampa Bay area. I'm looking to possibly do my private initially, and then maybe add on if I see necessary...any info would be great.

-E-Train

mwmav8r01

Total Time
Well I have to suggest the school I used to teach at, Clearwater Airpark. Its very small and just got a new owner who seems to be doing good things with it.

Good Luck

Matt

chignutsak

I second CLW. I got my private there as well, although before the new sheriffs arrived. It's a challenging field to learn landings, as it is short enough to force you to think about your aimpoints and its north-southish (34-16) orientation guarantees xwind practice when the afternoon seabreeze picks up. All this swirls around the trees and hangars, making it lively at times. It is surrounded by the city of Clearwater, though. If you lose an engine down low, you have no real options for setting it down gently. They practice 5 miles west over Clearwater Beach, watch for traffic!!
Right now they have 2 152's, 4 172's(r, sp, n, rg), a Duchess, and Warrior, I believe...

mwmav8r01

Total Time
Aircraft are right except the warrior is gone... they have 2 archers (1 POS one) and a seneca.