Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Good sunglasses model for the A320 cockpit?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have a pair of Serengeti Model # 6824 Vedy Shiny. Very comfortable and good looking. Ebay $69.99.
I highly recommend them.

Nothing better than RayBans!! Plus you look
B!TCHEN!! :laugh: :cool: See, don't they look sexy?

Make sure you get the Drivers Gradient and not the Drivers Lens..

Best choice out there IMO.

I'm too lazy to read the whole thread. If it hasn't been said before, DO NOT get polarized lenses. The windows are already polarized. Just get regular lenses or you will have trouble seeing outside. No kidding.

Another vote for the Serengeti's.

The newer A320's have much brighter screens, but our older ones make it tough to go back and forth between a bright sunny day and the panel.

The Serengetis driver lens, cuts enough of the light to be comfortable and still see the screens. Not to mention, they are great in low light/fog type conditions. That brown/amber lens seems to keep some of that blue light scattering effect down.

Serengeti's and Ray Bans are just fine. But if you realy want to know, Consumer Reports says a 20 dollar pair of sunglasses can be just as good or better than a 200 dollar pair, as long as they have 100% UV protection and no distortion.
Aviation and polarized lenses do not mix well. Enjoy your glasses and your new job at JB.

$20 dollar pairs protect just as well, but if they irritate you such that you don't wear them, they don't protect at all.

Last edited:
$20 dollar pairs protect just as well, but if they irritate you such that you don't wear them, they don't protect at all
Agree, also what I like about the Serengeti's gradient lens is that I don't have to fight the dark glasses to see the glass, dark on the top, light on the bottom, makes life easy although not as flash as the Oakley's mentioned.

Latest resources

Back