Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Good source Showing Major Pilot Annual Hour Average Flight Time???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Skywriter70

Guys and gals, we know that this industry is riddled with the AIDS...(Airline Induced Divorce Syndrome)

I will be heading back to court in the next few days to a very highly contested divorce. My wife is playing the poor me got no money wife, married to the overpaid pilot whom is gone all the time.

Two requests from all of the hard working Male pilots:

First... Is there a site or something that shows the average annual flight hours for commercail airline pilots. The reason I ask is because this female judge has based child support, etc,. based on my anticipated salary figured for 1000 hrs of allowable work, not my average. Have worked steadily for a commercial carrier since 1999 and averaged 761 hours per yer. Any suggestions, they're basing it off the absolute max and you know that's not right guys...

Second... Any Male pilots have a young daughter and also have a really good visitation schedule. The wife is playing the pilot always gone routine, even though I have more time than the average working dad would have. (And we know this time is 24/7 unintterupted time) I average 14 days off a month that I can and wish to be there and have my daughter...

Please help guys, and if there is anyone whom would like to share quietly a great divorce decree that provides for great visitation with a 3.5 year old, I'm all ears and would be extremely greatful.... I'm getting raked over the coals and paying the price just because I am a pilot. Please send me a private message, I need your help. One and a half weeks untile the appeal court date.

Thanks

I base mine on guarantee ONLY and you should too. You may have to explain how that works to the judge.

Throw the mother a bone like covering your child under YOUR insurance if it is adequate.

You know there might be a few FEMALE pilots out there that can help too, you know.

Maybe your employer can write a document/letter etc that states that the average pilot at X airline flies X number of hours per hour. This could include reserve pilots and might work to your favor.

Good luck with everything,

Here we go again

hours flown are different than hours paid......1000 hours is about 83,3 credit hours a month. Thats is pretty standard at most airlines unless your regulated to reserve or work for some sort of charter company.

I know this is an extremely difficult thing you are going through. The most important thing to consider is what is best for your child.

I would suggest going to mediation as soon as possible. The lawyers are a necessary evil, but they will drain you and your soon-to-be ex-wife's money and assets. It is to the lawyer's advantage to keep both of you fighting to keep their paychecks going. Mediation still requires the lawyers, but it cuts out all the wasted time and lawyer bills to a much shorter period. It is the only way to get to the nitty gritty in a reasonable time period.

If you are going for joint physical custody, you will need to have a nanny or other family member available to help when you are out of town. Depending on the state there might be zero child support if you have joint physical custody. Some states and situations may require alimony or spousal support for a period of time.

During my initial custody hearing our Judge took my last 12 months of pay and divided by 12 to get a real average. Required union dues,perdiem, and pre taxed medical costs should be subtracted. Some things will vary by state.

I was able to mediate joint legal custody with my ex having primary physical custody. In return I got visitation based on my days off no matter when they are. I give her my final schedule on the 25th of the month. The only exception being she is entitled to at least 2 weekends a month. She also has a domicile restriction to our county.

After your divorce is final the hardest part will be to respect each other as co-parents. This is extremely hard, but absolutely required for the benefit of your wonderful child. Do not talk bad about the ex in front of your child even if your ex talks bad about you. The child will eventually see the reality of all situations.

Cleared Direct has it about right. My experience is similar.

If you have a union, take your contract with you. The max pay of 1000 hours will not allow you to visit your child, as you will be gone 20+ days per month.

Don't let your ex take all your stuff! Mine got away with murder in this community property state, because I let her.

My daughter is 11 and we're doing great.

Latest resources

Back