Good news for swa poolies

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

N1WH

This news came from a swa captain I met in houston last night. He said they are backed up with alot of new captains in the training department currently. They are trying to get them all through to open up space for the new hires. He said classes should resume in july.

Well that is good news. Just don't want to get my hopes up yet. Since the postponement of classes I've worked myself into this real good self-pity mode. I'd hate think all that effort was for naught.:)

I'd love to be surprised though.

In hot,

Please don't take this the wrong way but I don't think it is appropriate for you to say " I hate to think that all that effort was for naught".

Some of us spent spent thousands of dollars on type ratings only to be told "no thanks" and are now wondering if we will ever get to fly for SW and validate the time and money we've spent preparing. You are on the "List". SW will not hire another soul and send them to class before they ask you if you'd like to go.

Talk about doing all this effort for naught. Some of us were days away from having a job and being in the next SW class and now have been sent back to the starting line. I liken it to a trainee in basic training being recycled back to day-one of boot camp days before he would have graduated.

Don't get me wrong. I am very happy for you. I also see your frustration at not knowing when you will start with SW. However, yours is a matter of when- not IF.

Again please don't take this the wrong way. I am just venting my frustrations with those who are on the "hired" list and yet are still unhappy. You could be in a much worse predicament - trust me!!

Have a LUVly day.

Jake,

Lighten up it was a joke.

Yes, life could be worse. SWA could have turned me down for a third time.. but they didn't and I do consider myself very lucky to have gotten the "Nod" this time.

I spent my "thousands of dollars" six and 1/2 years ago. I've waited that long to get on with SWA, I can wait a little longer.

I'm sorry that the fact I attempt to use humor to lighten the situation offends you.

Good luck to you.

In Hot,

When I'm your FO at SWA and I don't get your "joke" will you tell me to lighten up? Sometimes (mostly) my jokes aren't funny either!

When I'm down and trying to pull myself up from a setback PLEASE don't tell me how you had to walk to school, barefoot, and it was uphill both ways. That won't help my pain.
Give Jake a break; his hurt is real.

Anyhow, best wishes with your class when the call comes. Hopefully not too far away. B720

B720 said:
In Hot,
When I'm down and trying to pull myself up from a setback PLEASE don't tell me how you had to walk to school, barefoot, and it was uphill both ways. That won't help my pain.
Give Jake a break; his hurt is real.

Guys, look.. the point about telling my tale of woe, of reading about others tales of woe is to learn that no matter had bad it seems to you now, others have had it worse...A lesson we have all learned in life many times over. Sometimes we lose that pespective and we allow ourselves to get mired down.

Personally I've learned a-lot from other peoples mistakes and bad experiences. I think that's one of the benefits of these forums.

Truly, I did not intend to offend anyone, but at the same time you can't be "thin skinned" in this business. Rejection is a part of life.

There are no obstacles, only challenges to be over come. Live that philosphy on a daily basis and you'll suceed.

I'm a retired Marine, not very "touchy feely" or "sensitive." Perhaps that's why I'm having a hard time seeing how my post could offend anyone...I mean, I put a smily face after the "negative" statement - It was all "tongue in cheek."

That said, I am sorry if I offended anyone -

Not my intention -

but standby -

it will probably happen again!

Now, give me a minute while I get my body armor.

Good luck to us all!

Jake,

Hang in there. Been awhile since we talked. Hope the AFRES/ANG has worked out. Best to your folks. The clock has been ticking since you applied which means you're closer to applying again today than you were yesterday. Continue to prepare for the eventuality of getting hired by either SWA or some other good carrier. Did you try JB? There are some regionals that are hiring along with fractionals, get on with them, build time & come back even stronger with SWA. Things will improve.

But always, keep your sense of humor!!! 99% of the folks on this board are/have or will be going through this emotional roller coaster of "getting hired". Some are fortunate enough to get hired the first time through, others face rejection, never easy. But hang in there & good things will continue with perserverance & patience. Continue to draw upon the positive, reject the negative (be the force!) & we'll see you on the line eventually! Take care & get back to those kids & wife!!

Latest resources

Back