• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Good news for poor regional pilots....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Would a 52" plasma TV qualify as a need? I promise not to be greedy. I'll even offer to pay for the wires to hook it up!:)

Steal the cables too! Those HDMI cables are a rip-off.

My wife used to work retail at a national craft store chain. She told me there policy regarding shoplifting was "let them take it". I guess they figured it was easier to figure in some losses, but most of the stuff they sold that could be readily stolen was little crap. I'm sure they wouldn't let you walk out with a fancy sewing machine or something like that.

My wife used to work retail at a national craft store chain. She told me there policy regarding shoplifting was "let them take it". I guess they figured it was easier to figure in some losses, but most of the stuff they sold that could be readily stolen was little crap. I'm sure they wouldn't let you walk out with a fancy sewing machine or something like that.

A false accusation of shoplifting would probably cost them 1000 times more in the ensuing lawsuit.

If the merchandise is tiny and expensive the anti-theft tags make them work a little bit to get at the product, and makes them look suspicious. When I worked at a rather large electronics store that was Blue and Yellow, we were not to confront shoplifters. Loss prevention did and that is only if they had video evidence or an alarm went off.

Mark up on cables is insane(sometimes as much as 100x). I get my HDMI cables from monoprice.com. Same stuff as the stores at 1/10th the cost.

Last edited:

WAWA must have the opposite policy. (I could be off on some of this stories details but the gist is)

Back in college (1995/6) a friend got caught sliding a 69 cent slim jim up his sleeve on the campus WAWA at 3am (after several bars and off campus parties but he wasn't drunk and was over 21). He as arrested by city cops, spent the night in jail and had to post 5k bond. Back in court the WAWA lawyers tossed everything they could at him. He got 2 weeks in jail/probation and some huge number of hours of community service. All over a 69 cent slim jim.

WAWA must have the opposite policy. (I could be off on some of this stories details but the gist is)

Back in college (1995/6) a friend got caught sliding a 69 cent slim jim up his sleeve on the campus WAWA at 3am (after several bars and off campus parties but he wasn't drunk and was over 21). He as arrested by city cops, spent the night in jail and had to post 5k bond. Back in court the WAWA lawyers tossed everything they could at him. He got 2 weeks in jail/probation and some huge number of hours of community service. All over a 69 cent slim jim.
It all starts with a Slim Jim. Imagine if he were never caught. He would have continued with his flight training and ended up living the life of a regional pilot, but instead had no money, decided to stay in school, got a normal job and now lives a normal life. :)

Latest resources

Back