• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Good Luck to the AMR Folks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What is saddest is that all of these pilots were just recalled within the last year or so after nearly a decade on furlough. I know some of these pilots left other flying gigs to come back to what they probably thought was a somewhat safe position given the mass exodus of pilot retirements last year pre BK. I'm personally shocked that ANY pilots were furloughed, but it is AMR we're talking about here.

What is saddest is that all of these pilots were just recalled within the last year or so after nearly a decade on furlough. I know some of these pilots left other flying gigs to come back to what they probably thought was a somewhat safe position given the mass exodus of pilot retirements last year pre BK. I'm personally shocked that ANY pilots were furloughed, but it is AMR we're talking about here.

This just pisses me off

Aren't the pensions frozen? I don't think that getting out with a lump sum's an option anymore.

I think they can freeze them if they get down to a certain % of funding vs liabilities.. So they might not have reached that point yet .. I hope not and guys bail tomarrow.. With the lump.. Might not need to lay off if enough go!

CNBC Saying 400 pilots to be furloughed ..... not good

Ouch! I am sure this is very upsetting to many AMR pilots - but if I were in the bottom 400 pilots, perhaps leaving and finding another gig at a faster-growing company (i.e., Spirit, JB, SWA, Emirates and even Delta in a year or two when it starts to hire) would be a much better bet. Nobody wants the stress of being on the bottom of a big, broken company like AMR - especially in this economy!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back