• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Good luck Alaska Air Group.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What are the limits of regional jets that could fly for AAG, size and number?

Let's see:

Max seats < ∞
Max pounds < ∞
Max number < ∞

We'll have EMP-195s painted in Alaska Express before the pilot group gets a clue.

Wait, I suppose if the flying reduced some of the VSA, then it might cause a stir.

What are the limits of regional jets that could fly for AAG, size and number?

I know it is hard to believe, but the above responses were not glib ones. Alaska pilots only have scope with Alaska Airlines, not Alaska Air Group. They could buy another airline or start another airline and transfer all flying to that company and Alaska pilots won't have any legal leg to stand on.
I wish I would have fully understood that and the difference in scope coverage at the more established airlines before I signed on to be outsourced.

If anyone applies here after that has been made clear, then it is on you.

Alaska already locked out the rampers, there is absolutely nothing from stopping them from doing the same with the pilots.

Chief,

Of course nothing is set in stone, but I have heard from many sources (line maint, ANC BCP and check airman / flt ops guys) that the 400 fleet plan is for them ALL to be gone by 2016. There is an always present and persistant rumor that all 5 combis will be gone by 2014 because there is some special required odd-ball check that will be to expensive to do.
What will AAG do? A fleet of 800's, pig 900's and a half dozen 700's? That does not leave a lot of machinery that we can fly around the state of Alaska in. It does lend itself to the idea of Q400's running around the home state, the ANC "native" Alaska base shrinks, the ANC "Alaska Lite" Q400 base grows.
Well a bunch of guys will be happy because they can go home to SEA....ANC will be back to the way it was with the same 90 pilots from 11 years ago....When 99% of the etops flying goes to SEA, PDX and LAX, no more combi's and no more 400's...not much point in having an ANC base...it will become a co-terminal to SEA

I know it is hard to believe, but the above responses were not glib ones. Alaska pilots only have scope with Alaska Airlines, not Alaska Air Group. They could buy another airline or start another airline and transfer all flying to that company and Alaska pilots won't have any legal leg to stand on.
I wish I would have fully understood that and the difference in scope coverage at the more established airlines before I signed on to be outsourced.

If anyone applies here after that has been made clear, then it is on you.

Alaska already locked out the rampers, there is absolutely nothing from stopping them from doing the same with the pilots.

!!! and the all knowing Alaska Senior Legends will be quick to point out what great careers the guys with "Solid" scope have had the last 10 years at United, Delta, American, USair, and NWA.

You cant fix ignorance at this pilot group. Supposedly SCOPE was a low ranking item of importance during the Wilson Polling.

We need it bad and it will take a strike to get it... unfortunately it will be impossible to convince the guys who once-upon-a-time upgraded in less than 5 years to walk the line.

Merger may be the best thing if the other company has scope.

Exactly what I was thinking. Of course we'll then be kvetching about the fences.

Just let me get back on property first.

Where's all the pilots hoping for a merger with Hawaiian? An Airgroup purchase/whipsaw is what we would get.

Latest resources

Back