• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Good headsets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I use a Sennheiser 45 with ENC. It rocks. The CRJ is a little "wind loud". The noise of speed combined with the blowing of the packs (and the whine of the 700's cooling fans) can only be silenced by DC's or earplugs due to the ENC's decibel range. The Sennheiser w/earplugs (on longer flights) is my weapon of choice.

I use Clarity Aloft with custom earplugs. The best combo so far. I used them in the CRJ2,CRJ7,CRJ9, ERJ, and various piston singles. Works great in all, with less noise than DCs.

As far as TSO goes...why is it that the Bose/UFM combo seems to be singled out in this?? All the Lightspeeds and quite a few other also aren't currently TSO'd, yet the QC2/UFM is the only one that usually gets mentioned (and it has the TSO in process). Doesn't seem fair. Thoughts??

Bose is just upset that someone built a better mouse trap. They lost a lawsuit against UFM and are now doing everything they can to discredit the UFM setup. I guess some airlines are ignorant enough to force pilots to use something else.

Thankfully, my airline doesn't care what headset setup we use.

The Bose QC2 with U-Fly-Mike adapter is the be all, end all for a commuter. Living out of a 22" roll aboard for 4 days is hard enough. Not having to carry headphones for music is great.

Even if you don't want to listen to music, nothing says: "Go to He11, I'm not even remotely interested in conversing with you." more than a QC2 headset on your head with no input device attached.

Performance, functionality and space efficiency really make the QC2/UFM combo worth while. Mine works great in the CRJ.

I'm surprised teh Clarity Aloft work so well, as the person said above, in an ERJ. Thought it would be too noisy.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back