• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Good cell phone service for the road

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anything but NEXTEL. Most folks folks I know refer to it as 'NEXTIME'.

Wife is looking into Cingular, friends rave over it. I've had Nextel for a couple of years and use the two-way often for work, I'm about ready to throw that piece of garbage in the canal, even that freaking 'beep-beep' is starting to annoy the crap out of me.

Another vote for sprint. Service everywhere, and cheap plans, me and my gf use the unlimited pcs-pcs (between phones), unlimited text messaging, and I have the nationwide since i travel a lot which uses verizon, cingular, t mobile towers, so I never get a roaming charge. All for about 50 bucks a month, well worth it in my book.

my roommate has T-mobile and it's quite interesting. he has reception within a few miles of ALL major interstates and some state routes, as well as in a few major metropolitan areas, but that's it. there's like a buffer zone around the highways and around the major cities that allows him to talk. so odd. i say go verizon.

VERIZON!

The quality of the calls is so good that most people think I am on a land-line.

Cell Phone companies

Flyeys said:
Im sure this has been hit on before but I am fed up with Nextel. Drops calls left an right, peeps can't get through to my voicemail. Not to mention expensive as sh!t and the phones are a ripoff. Anyways, looking for a service that will get decent reception around the country and not break the bank. any info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

We've tried all of them. Alltel seems to work best.

I was with ATT, those guys were a class act, now they are Xingular, had the new service for 3 months , great coverage no dropped calls and great price plus good plans and rollover minutes and reasonable rates for their phones.
I'd try those guys.

I've never tried any other company besides Alltel. I like the coverage I get, but I am starting to think I can possibly get a better plan with some other company. Everybody seems to be raving mostly over Verizon so I will see what they have when it comes time to get a contract in October. For reception, Alltel has been wonderful for me. The only problem I have is the # of minutes I get yet I don't use my phone a ton but if I do, it's mostly with alltel members so mobile to mobile works out great between me and my gf or family. Anyways, can someone let me know how they are when it comes to traveling around the country. Thanks

psysicx said:
Anybody have any luck with T-Mobile.
I've used T-Mobile for over three years now, and frankly I don't know what all the fuss is about.

I've had nothing but good experiences with them, and only a handfull of times have I found myself without coverage. We fly to all corners of the U.S., and it has a pretty decent signal everywhere we go.

One thing I notice is that when the T-Mobile service is not avaible in an area, it'll jump over to the Cingular network, or AT&T network, etc. Its not uncommon to look at my phone and see someone else's cellular network on there. However there is no extra charge for any roaming so it doesn't bother me a bit.

Never had to deal with customer support, and never had one discrepancy on my bill. Which is incredible considering almost every single month I had to go down and visit my local Sprint store before I switch services.

I wouldn't ever hesitate recommending them to someone.

Latest resources

Back