Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
psysicx said:
Anybody have any luck with T-Mobile.

terrible domestic coverage outside any city.
great overseas coverage (same as cingular)

best customer service I have used, just too bad it never got a signal!!

:rolleyes: .

My .02 -

Verizon if you stay domestic (great coverage)
Cingular if you go overseas often (good coverage here and excellent Intl.)

I like my T-mobile phone... and I like the customer service from them too. The phone works great pretty much everywhere... except inside my house for some reason. Seriously, if I walk 2 feet outside the door it's fine but that **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** thing will not work in my house.

The verizon phone worked great everywhere but they lied to me about upgrading so I fired them. I had called their phone customer service folks because my phone was damaged and said that I was interested in upgrading to a newer phone anyway and could I just use their upgrade program instead of getting a replacement phone... seems perfectly reasonable to me as they would make more money by allowing me to upgrade. It was only a couple months inside a year that I had had the phone and when I signed up I was told that you could upgrade after a year. The guy on the phone said yeah no problem he would note my account as eligible for upgrade and I could just visit any verizon store and pick out my new phone.

Great! There's one right near my house. So I go in and throw my old phone and charger on the counter and tell them the story. Their response? "Oh we changed the upgrade time to two years so you'll have to pay full price for the phone if you want it." I told him that the phone customer service rep said he would note my account that I could upgrade early rather than get the replacement phone. He said "Oh they always say that."

What?

I said "So you're saying that your customer service rep lied to me?"

"Yes."

"Do me a favor. Cancel my account."

"There's an early termination fee."

"Good luck getting it. And have a nice day."

As it turns out they did get it. When I told the T-mobile store rep that story he gave me 250$ in rebates on the phone I wanted, transferred my cell number over, waived any setup fees and gave me a discount rate on the plan I picked.

TurboS7 said:
Love T-mobile good anywhere in the world.
Except Mexico! That's the only place I've ever had my phone lose complete signal and stay that way the whole time!

psysicx said:
Anybody have any luck with T-Mobile.

If you like to sound like you're talking in a bathroom, get T-Mobile. My gf had them for about a month after getting her verizon phone, and the difference was night and day. She'd call me on T-Mobile before 9pm and then we'd switch to Verizon after (for the free mins).

Even with T-mobile's 600 anytime, unlimited nights and weekends (starting on Friday none-the-less) for $40/month she switched. The quality really was that bad.

Also, even though T-Mobile has reciprocal (sp?) agreements with AT&T (and now Cingular I'm guessing) all of those cell companies had the same coverage areas. Verizon has a much more expanded coverage base. T-Mobile does offer European calling though.

~wheelsup

Latest resources

Back