GoJets? Whats the deal?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ERAU2GIA said:
It's called Captialism. Welcome to America.
RM

I think your tone may change when you gain some real experience in this industry son. How are you going to support your family some day on the piss poor wages that come of situations like this?

Your mentality I assume is: Left ERAU thinking I'll buy some 1900 time at GIA so I can be competitive for an RJ job at any carrier who will hire me INCLUDING alter ego's like GOJets or Freedumb. I don't care if the wages are un-livable, because I'll be on with Delta or UAL a few years later.

10 years later when you can't afford to feed your children because you STILL work at a lowlife regional, you are going to preach out against alter-ego carriers and PFT because you will have learned. It will take poverty to finally show you the error of your thought process.

Doesn't matter though, people like you don't listen. Go work at GoJets. Learn for yourself.

Otto Coarsen said:
I think your tone may change when you gain some real experience in this industry son. How are you going to support your family some day on the piss poor wages that come of situations like this?

Your mentality I assume is: Left ERAU thinking I'll buy some 1900 time at GIA so I can be competitive for an RJ job at any carrier who will hire me INCLUDING alter ego's like GOJets or Freedumb. I don't care if the wages are un-livable, because I'll be on with Delta or UAL a few years later.

10 years later when you can't afford to feed your children because you STILL work at a lowlife regional, you are going to preach out against alter-ego carriers and PFT because you will have learned. It will take poverty to finally show you the error of your thought process.

Doesn't matter though, people like you don't listen. Go work at GoJets. Learn for yourself.

haha. You're going to Delta or UAL; let us know when you wake up!
Don't burn your bridges, you may be sitting at a Piss poor Regional for the next 10 years as well.

BlackPilot628 said:
haha. You're going to Delta or UAL; let us know when you wake up!
Don't burn your bridges, you may be sitting at a Piss poor Regional for the next 10 years as well.

Did I say I was, Douchebag?

That's the point of my post. We all may be flying at the regional level for quite some time. This is why it's imperitive to preserve any shred of dignity we may still have and try and make this career field livable.

:confused:

Otto ...it doesn't hold water....

Otto,
you sound as if you have some degree of control over the downward spiral of wages in this, a mature industry. as if holding out ,(when oil is 50 plus a barrel, and there is way too much capacity ) and moron CEOs won't raise ticket prices.

as if getting on the union train is going to have a positive consequence. not to mentio all the PFt'ers waiting to yank gear for dirve thru wages.

I think you wanting to say solidarity works. If it worked for Lech Walesa in Poland which lead to the fall of communism, then saying no will lead to a yes.

until our govt' quits lending bad companies money, until congress changes the pension laws and forbids underfunding; you'll have nothing to grasp .

the system sucks and that's my point. but anyone who acts like some pilot group can now change the current dynamic is more full of Jet A than they ever dreamed possible.

climbhappy said:
Otto,
you sound as if you have some degree of control over the downward spiral of wages in this, a mature industry. as if holding out ,(when oil is 50 plus a barrel, and there is way too much capacity ) and moron CEOs won't raise ticket prices.

as if getting on the union train is going to have a positive consequence. not to mentio all the PFt'ers waiting to yank gear for dirve thru wages.

I think you wanting to say solidarity works. If it worked for Lech Walesa in Poland which lead to the fall of communism, then saying no will lead to a yes.

until our govt' quits lending bad companies money, until congress changes the pension laws and forbids underfunding; you'll have nothing to grasp .

the system sucks and that's my point. but anyone who acts like some pilot group can now change the current dynamic is more full of Jet A than they ever dreamed possible.

If the CEOs are as greedy as you say, why won't they raise ticket prices?

Answer: You simply do not understand economics.
If they could, they would.

ERAU2GIA said:
It's called Captialism. Welcome to America.
RM

No... its called an illegal breach of a union labor contract. And using ERAU in your screen name is a tragic embarrassment to alumni everywhere.

100LL Again:

nice jab...I do understand economics.... So your point..If they could ,they would...sounds so simple.... has nothing to do with economics, but everything to do with pricing strategy and identifying your market and your competition.

Why do you think Delta has 757 painted in lime green, UAL A320 with TED on 'em

Jetblue with their entire design, blue shirt and tvs on seats... it's called marketing..... you don't picked up the wrong textbook.....

in the trucking industry, the owners pass all of the cost of fuel back to customers.
they've also refused to add capacity. ..... The banks are too eager to lend money to shoddy outfits. How else do explain a stupid business plan like ACAs and their blueprint 30/barrel oil assumption.

I don't care if it's collusion or not,,, the gov't needs to reject underfunded pensions and liquidate any company not properly funding their pension obligations. if it means rasing prices do it...right now loads are at an all time high....now is the time to do it...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back