Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

T-REX

Press ReleaseSource: Trans States Holdings

Trans States Holdings President Richard Leach Named 2005 Regional Airline Executive of the Year
Tuesday May 24, 5:26 pm ET

ST. LOUIS, May 24 /PRNewswire/ -- Trans States Holdings, parent company of Trans States Airlines and GoJet Airlines today announced that its president, Richard A. (Rick) Leach was honored by Regional Aviation News as the "Regional Airline Executive of the Year" for 2005. The award was presented at the Regional Airline Association annual convention in Cincinnati on May 18.
Created in 1993, the Regional Airline Executive of the Year award has been presented to the top airline manager in the regional airline industry. An independent panel of judges selects each year's winner based on a set of criteria, which includes exemplary leadership, innovative thinking and superior management skills.

According to Tom Smith, editor of Regional Aviation News, the publication honored Leach "for innovative leadership and for guiding Trans States Airlines through difficult economic times." In the May 16th issue of Regional Aviation News one of the judges said, "This is an airline that has weathered all of the changes of a partner airline effectively. Trans States has held on. It has been pretty creative responding to all the various changes and it has continued to be profitable."

"Recognition of Trans States by Regional Aviation News is a validation of our continued strategy of simplicity, low cost and flexibility while delivering a high quality product for our major airline partners," said Leach. "All of our employees are directly responsible for making Trans States a successful airline. In today's difficult operating environment our position as a low cost high quality regional airline will assist us in bringing solutions and value to our partner airlines." Trans States Holdings is a large regional airline holding company that operates Trans States Airlines and GoJet Airlines and serves the Midwest and Eastern U.S. Trans States Holdings employs over 2,000 aviation professionals with service to 90 cities in 37 states and more than 440 daily flights. Trans States Airlines is also the recipient of the Federal Aviation Administration's Certificate of Excellence Diamond Award seven years in a row.

Wow. It's amazing what can be accomplished with TSA with just a high school diploma.

The selection process likely consisted of standing around at a cocktail party telling "This is what I did to my employees" stories.....

Must be voted on by fellow airline management. I guess the others were impressed at how well and often he has screwed the pilots and FAs and how he has been able to put off grievance arbitration for years with mostly just slaps on the wrist for the hundreds of grievances that are filed. He has been voted as King of the Slime as far as I am concerned.

They also voted Randy Rademacher to the same accolade. Then Comair fired him after his airline almost fell apart. Sure gives a lot of credibility to that award!

Ahhh,
Don't sweat it, they go to these conventions, fondle the busboys, talk about that vacation they just took in Bangkok, and decide who's turn it is to get a plaque for their office. The only difference is Leaches will smell like curry after only a short while.
BaaaHaaa, jokes on them, we got the coolest job...wait they are rich, [email protected]rmind.
PBR

ren said:
Wow. It's amazing what can be accomplished with TSA with just a high school diploma.

Apparently, I stand corrected. Was informed by someone that he is a high school drop out. Either way, go figure. His last name suits him.

Not A Fan Of Him, But.....

I don't particularly care for the guy at all. Just like any other high management level, he is out there to save a buck by screwing his employees. But, the fact that he is or might be a high school graduate does not mean anything. Formal education has not always been a major factor in peoples success in their jobs. I think he a street smart type of a guy who functions well in that type of environment. THAT IS ALL.

There are probably just as many CEO's out there without degrees, as there are airline pilots without degrees.

I'll take an F/O with common sense over a Riddle-Rocket with no common sense, any day of the week.

Latest resources

Back