• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Going to Vancouver, what to do?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just passed through there not too long ago...neat little aviation museum on the far southwest suburb...have a Lysander, a Canuck, and some rare Canadian bomber, amongst others...$4C to get in. Great Chinese food of course...Whistler is about 2-3 hours away...the drive up 99 is beautiful.

AceCrackshot said:
Just passed through there not too long ago...neat little aviation museum on the far southwest suburb...have a Lysander, a Canuck, and some rare Canadian bomber, amongst others...$4C to get in. Great Chinese food of course...Whistler is about 2-3 hours away...the drive up 99 is beautiful.
oh, yea ... the world clas strip clubs where tipping is NOT allowed ... it is considered an insult.

I'm assuming you are talking about CYVR. (I live in Vancouver, WA)

CYVR is a beautiful city. Take a walk on the Sea Wall path. Go to the Science Centre. There's tons of night life. The people are super friendly.
Every place we ate had great food and good service.
We walked every where because the taxii's were EXPENSIVE!
There's Starbucks on every corner I swear.

http://www.tourismvancouver.com/?pn=os01

Go check out the Flying Beaver. It's one of the coolest sea plane bases around. It has a great bar/resturant to hang out at, cool t shirts too.

Not sure if this is too late but if you're in YVR and its a sunny day you have to get down to Kitsalano beach. Just ask for directions to Kits beach. Grenville Island is a great place to hang out for a few hours, has a farmers market and a nice pub for a couple of cold ones. If you like nature then Stanley park is a nice place to go. You could take the gondola up Grouse mountain. There is alot of stuff to do. Not sure how much time you will have but I second the motion to go to the Flying Beaver. Great burgers, cute waitresses, cold beer and float planes landing right outside the window. Doesn't get a whole lot better than that. Enjoy!!

D'oh.

Hopefully I'm not too late. As a YVR alum, with immediate family still residing there... I feel that I'm qualified to answer ;)

The Flying Beaver is a worthwhile place to check out. Drink specials nightly. Its on the south side of the airport, located inside the seaplane terminal for Harbor Air, right on the river. One word of caution however, there is only one road leading in and out of the South Terminal area, and hence the Beaver as well... the cops have been known to set up road blocks for drinking drivers... something quite common in the YVR area.

One place that you MUST see to believe, and somewhere I always make a point of stopping by is La Casa Gelato. About 2mins from downtwn.. just over the Georgia St. viaduck. Not too sure where else on earth you can find 208 flavors of gelato and sorbeto at one time. You can fill up on the samples alone. The crazy thing is that they actually have in excess of 488 flavors.. but alas, they only have room for 208 :( The Pale Ale beer sorbeto was quite a treat on one of my visits ;)

As previously mentioned, Kits beach, Granville Island, Stanely Park and the downtown core itself are great places to spend time. Furthermore, the Yale town/ Concord Pacific areas are pretty funky (they're both "downtown"). Great places to walk, eat, drink and people watch.

Hope you enjoy. BTW, for those of you reading... little travel tip, one of the best times of year to visit is Sept. Kids back in school, and the weather for some reason always seems to cooperate.

Latest resources

Back