• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Going to go out on a limb here....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I flew with two Turbo Jet Commercial (not ATP) guys. One got his type rating before he had ATP mins. (time) the other before he was 23 years old.

Go with the basic Part 1 definition, which matches closely to the mil definition. You signed for the aircraft, you're the Captain. If you get to the interview and they question it, that's an easily defensible position for how you added up your time.

However, if you're a P-3 guy or in a platform that flies with 3 guys, I'm not sure how they log it. If that's you, one of those guys can help you.

Good luck.

Ty Webb said:
Yes, that is true. If you're flying cargo, you don't have to have the ATP. Although I sure as hell would negotiate it being part of my type ride, if I didn't have the ATP already. Otherwise, you end up grouchy, jilted and crapping in a plastic bag, like ABB . . . . . but that's a whole 'nother string.
What's this "crapping in a bag" crap? If you can't manuver the booty up to the storm window and log duty time like a real man, which incidentally means keeping the left side of the plane unsullied, you got no dam biddness in the freight industry.

"AirTran online application has four categories of flight time:
-PIC
-SIC
-Captain
-Instructor

What is the difference between PIC and Captain?"

I asked last week and was told that under Captain and Instructor they want to see PART 121 and/or military equivalent, for PIC/SIC use the FAR 1 definition. Note, the numbers will not add up.
However, to paraphrase the response I got: “they’ve seen it all.”

Latest resources

Back