• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Going to Canada

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We are flying there next week and I wanna make sure it goes smoothly.
Let me know what I am missing:
Leaving the US.
Call Canpass and give them arrival time.
Call FSS and file flight plan.
Only need Passports

Returning
Call their FSS and file.
Call US Customs at our destination airport at least 2 hours prior to arrival.
Enter info in APIS.
Crew and Passengers fill out Customs form.

Am I missing anything?
Are there forms for passengers when we enter Canada?

Please advise
Fblowjets
Are you taking hunters ?

No, just 2 ladies from our company. Anyone know what the charges are for using NavCanada services? I tried their calculator but not sure if it is correct. Looks like we would spend around $200 in user fees.
Glad to hear clearing at PDK was easy.
Thanks

No, just 2 ladies from our company. Anyone know what the charges are for using NavCanada services? I tried their calculator but not sure if it is correct. Looks like we would spend around $200 in user fees.
Glad to hear clearing at PDK was easy.
Thanks

Then you won't have any trouble . Just make sure everyone has either a passport or a birth certificate with a photo ID . Also , on rare occasions . they will search your bags and may even put a drug dog on the plane . Happened to us once in six trips .Don't know where you are planning to clear US Customs upon re-entry , but the easiest place and by far the most friendly is Casper, WY. Mr Leathem, the customs officer is a super nice guy .

Don't forget that everyone on board must have a passport. You dont need any suprises from your passengers when you arrive back in the US

Then you won't have any trouble . Just make sure everyone has either a passport or a birth certificate with a photo ID . Also , on rare occasions . they will search your bags and may even put a drug dog on the plane . Happened to us once in six trips .Don't know where you are planning to clear US Customs upon re-entry , but the easiest place and by far the most friendly is Casper, WY. Mr Leathem, the customs officer is a super nice guy .

Passports are required now !!!

Hi!

What is the "french maid"?

We go to YYZ a lot and my personal CEO is from there.

cliff
YIP

I thought APIS is only for 135/121 flights. Ask Customs. They usually never even ask about it.

I too have good luck with faxing the Arrival report and pax manifest to US Customs.

I ask passengers to give me the Blue cards before landing. This is because they usually fill them out wrong or forget to sign them. The date format is DAY MONTH YEAR on your DOB.

Adios

Yeah spoke to customs today and they said APIS is not yet required for 91 operators.
Thanks for all the helpful info, and insights on the places to see....

fblowjets

Latest resources

Back