Going Hat in Hand to SWA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm thinking of applying to SWA again.

Two words: Drunk dialing. Don't let the fact that our society is currently designed to insulate us from the consequences of our decisions lull you into a false sense of optimism. It's more likely that the Raiders and Lions will meet in the Super Bowl this year. Abandon all hope. I'd work the military angle and try to get on at FedEx. Unless of course you're one of "those" guys, in which case I'd resign myself to the FAA.......or jerking gear for some backpack wearing, Ipod listening Oakley'd UND grad with frosted hair.

Had a guy in my class turn an SWA offer down a few years back.....got hired this year. It CAN happen. From what I hear though he had some pretty good reasons.

Hind sight is 20/20...try again. If you do get another chance, I would be nothing less than honest.

Our people dept. and others in the hiring dept. are very good folks.

Last edited:
Don't sweat it...you made the right choice under the circumstances. No one wanted to go to SWA, FedEx, etc. back then. Now it's one of the only parties in town, so everyone thinks it's great. It's not.
You keep telling yourself that littleman if it makes you feel bigger. I feel winning the power ball is to much money and ruins the ones that win.

Has anybody out there gone back begging to SWA after turning down their original offer of employment?

I would say NO chance in he!!. By the way Fed Ex is awesome. I thought this was a MAJORS message board? Or at least a SWA discussion.

Recent Events

Came to Fedex 11 yrs ago. Turned down interview with UAL.
STILL think FedEx is Great. In spite of recent events...

Past...

What recent events are you referring to?

Laboule;The [B said:
only[/b] place you applied was SWA? Lucky there is one option for pilots with no college, huh?

You ain't kiddn nowon. I am won uv dem. Shure is hard finin werk bein sutch a dejenerate. i jest hav da fayth dat god wont let me cill anywon flyen since I wnet intu da Armee radder dan go to kollege. won thng i due know is its sutch a guud tihng havin sutch an intilequal argement cummin frum sutch a skolar lik ur self.

Last edited:
another fine flight info thread that turns into my peepee is bigger than your peepee.

I know! This is why I really need to keep my mouth shut. It just aggravates the crud out of me when the subject changes and no one can get honest advice from those who have lived it. College degrees are great and I am in no way trying to put that down, but when someone uses that as a weapon to discredit somebody else, it just ticks me off. Have a nice day!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back